Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Client service manager cover letter

Client service manager cover letter

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Customer Service Manager Cover Letter | Sample Cover Letters

Client service manager cover letter

Essay Writing Service -
Client Service Manager Cover Letter | Sample Cover Letters

Benjamin Franklin and Jonathan Swift Were Fart Joke Masters. Benjamin Franklin was many things: printer, inventor, postmaster, turkey-zapper, constitution-signer, and client letter, connoisseur of fart jokes. Client Manager Cover. The founding father fancied flatus. So much, actually, that in 1781 he penned an essay dedicated to the thunder down under. Cover. Franklin lived in Paris at the time, serving as US Ambassador to France. There, he heard that the Royal Academy at Brussels was requesting scientific essays and would award prizes for the best papers. The news annoyed Franklin.

He thought scientists were falling out of touch with reality. Year after year, they churned out pompous papers that didn’t make life better for the common man. Science should be practical, Franklin thought. Electronics Research Papers. Science should help everyday problems. Client Letter. Science should, you know, make farts smell good.

So Franklin wrote a mock letter, To the Royal Academy,” which opened explaining why people try to restrain and client service cover letter, contain their windy emissions: It is universally well known, That in digesting our common Food, there is created or produced in the Bowels of human Creatures, a great Quantity of Wind. Manager Cover. That the permitting this Air to escape and mix with the Atmosphere, is usually offensive to the Company, from the fetid Smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred People therefore, to avoid giving such Offence, forcibly restrain the Efforts of Nature to discharge that Wind. Franklin argued that holding back gas could be painful, even life threatening.

If science could improve the do my smell, maybe people would break wind freely: “Were it not for the odiously offensive Smell accompanying such Escapes, polite People would probably be under no more Restraint in discharging such Wind in Company, than they are in spitting, or in blowing their Noses.” Franklin urges the client service manager academy to “Discover some Drug wholesome not disagreeable, to client manager letter be mix’d with our common Food, or Sauces, that shall render the manager cover letter natural Discharges of Wind from our Bodies, not only you write essay, inoffensive, but agreable as Perfumes.” Because who needs cologne when your air biscuit freshens the room with the aroma of blooming daisies? Franklin’s letter was a joke, of course. Service Manager Letter. He never sent it to the academy. Instead, he mailed it to Richard Price, a British philosopher and client service letter, friend of Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine. Price was a member of London’s Royal Society, and client service letter, he would’ve appreciated Franklin’s jab at academia, especially its closing.

At the essay’s end, Franklin writes that science has derailed so far from reality that every discovery combined must be worth a “FART-HING.” (In case you’re wondering, fragrant flatulence probably isn’t possible. When you smell a flatus, you’re actually catching a whiff of how do a comparison hydrogen sulfide and client service manager cover letter, methanethiol. The two compounds can turn your toots into nose-burning, stomach-churning bowel bombs. Latest Research Papers. You can quell the smell with bismuth supplements, but these won’t transform your farts into air fresheners. They’ll just knock your stinkers scentless.) Jonathan Swift: Master of the Gasser. Service Letter. Franklin wasn’t the only believer in essays great, the art of the fart. Sixty years earlier, Jonathan Swift—a master of satire and manager letter, author of Gulliver’s Travels —wrote an do my thesis paper, essay titled “The Benefit of Farting Explain’d,” published in a pamphlet in 1722. The paper’s title page is peppered with puns. Swift hides under the pseudonym “Don Fartinhando Puff-Indorst, Professor of Bumbast at the University of client service manager Craccow.” The essay is papers “translated into client service letter English at the Request and for the Use of the Lady Damp-Fart, of Her-fart-shire” by service cover “Obadiah Fizle, Groom of the Stool to the Princess of client service Arse-Mini in Sardinia.” Oh, and it was also reviewed by a “College of Fizz-icians.”

Seriously. We can’t make this up. Do My Thesis. It sounds juvenile, but Swift may have been using potty humor to criticize potty humor. By the 18th century, flatulence had become taboo. Farting was rude, and gas-passing was merely raw material for crude jokes (and in client cover letter, some cases, subject to censorship law.) But it hadn’t always been that way—farts had a proud literary history. For centuries, authors had used scatology as a serious symbol for mortality, decay, and impurity.

Dante, St. Augustine, Chaucer, Marlowe, Dryden, and thesis, even Martin Luther wrote about cutting the cheese, using flatulence as a literary symbol and client service, even a political tool. So Swift may have been criticizing the fart’s sad decline into silliness—and he was fighting fire with fire. The essay is divided into four parts, detailing gas’s relationship with law, society, and science. The second section, however, may be the most inventive: After clarifying the nature, essence, and definition of the common fart, Swift explains why it’s bad to bottle up your tailwind—and offers a (sexist) theory to one of life’s mysteries: “I shall next enquire into the ill consequence of do my paper suppressing [gas], which . . . Client Service Cover Letter. causes Cholicks, hystericks, rumblings, belching, spleen, etc, but in engel, the women of manager cover letter a more strong constitution, it vents itself intirely in talkativeness; hence we have a reason, why women are more talkative than men.” Swift says it’s better to let one rip than hold it inside.

The gassy vapors can float up and mess with your head, especially if you’re a talkative woman, who may not “vent properly.” Swift theorizes that’s why people cry, too: “If this vapour, when rais’d to the head, is there condensed by a cold melancholy constitution, it distills thor’ the Eyes in Form of Tears.” He captures his thesis with the essays great nugget: “Whoth stop’t at one end, burst out. From long and thick to coiled or curly, every type of mustache, beard, and goatee under the Sun (and barber's pole) seemed to be present at the 2017 World Beard and Moustache Championships. Service Manager Letter. The biannual competition—held in Austin, Texas in how do you write a comparison essay, early September, according to Laughing Squid—brings together hairy rivals from around the globe, who come before a panel of judges to see whose facial hair is the client manager cover letter most coiffed and creative. Participants compete across 17 traditional categories in three main groups: mustaches, partial beards, and full beards. Awards are granted to individuals with the best Salvador Dali–inspired mustache; the best goatee freestyle, or short beards styled into elaborate arrangements; and the best natural full beard, among other looks.

Held in Leogang, Austria, the 2015 World Beard and Moustache Championships had just 317 competitors, Bryan Nelson—who helped organize this year's event along with the essays great Austin Facial Hair Club— tells Mental Floss. But the 2017 Championships attracted a staggering 738 participants from 33 countries. Nelson believes that the Austin Facial Hair Club pulled off history's largest facial hair competition (the group is awaiting validation from Guinness World Records), and also says that the tournament was the client service first of its kind to include craft-based categories for women. We had Creative Moustache and Realistic Moustache, Creative Beard and Realistic Beard, Nelson says. For the realistic categories, female participants used either real or fake tresses to create authentic-looking facial hair (which they attached to their faces), and for latest electronics papers the creative categories, they were all over the place and could be made from whatever, Nelson explains. Seashells, bacon, bones … it's such a creative event.

You can check out a handful of 2017's winners—who were captured in all their hairy glory by Las Vegas-based photographer Greg Anderson—below, or view even more hilarious looks on his Instagram. Client Service Manager Cover Letter. Some words, regardless of their meaning, are simply more chuckle-worthy than others. To determine which expressions in engel essays, the English language are truly the client service manager cover letter most comical, Smithsonian reports that psychologists at essays great, the University of Warwick in the UK conducted a survey in service, which they asked people to rate the client cover “humor value” of a sampling of manager cover chosen words. Engel V Vitale. They recently published their findings in service cover, the journal Behavior Research Methods. Do My. The researchers selected nearly 5000 words, and then used Amazon’s online crowdsourcing tool Mechanical Turk to ask more than 800 individuals to rank the humor value of 211 randomly chosen words from the list, on a scale from 1 (humorless) to 5 (humorous). Likely not surprising to anyone with younger siblings, the funniest word ended up being “booty,” with an client service manager letter, average ranking of 4.32. In descending order, the remaining top 12 words—which all received a score of 3.9 or higher—were “tit,” “booby,” “hooter,” “nitwit,” “twit,” “waddle,” “tinkle,” “bebop,” “egghead,” “ass,” and latex multiple files, “twerp.” Why these words are so funny remains fuzzy. But when they analyzed their findings according to age and gender, the researchers did find that sexually suggestive words like “orgy” and “bondage” tended to tickle the funny bones of men, as did the words “birthmark,” “brand,” “chauffeur,” “doze,” “buzzard,” “czar,” “weld,” “prod,” “corn,” and “raccoon.” Meanwhile, women tended to service manager cover laugh at the words “giggle,” “beast,” “circus,” “grand,” “juju,” “humbug,” “slicker,” “sweat,” “ennui,” “holder,” “momma,” and “sod.” As for people under the age of 32, they were amused by “goatee,” “joint,” and “gangster,” while older participants liked “squint,” “jingle,” “burlesque,” and “pong.” Across the board, all parties were least amused by words like “rape,” “torture,” and “torment.” Although humor is complex and dependent on essays great elements like syntax and delivery, the study's researchers say that breaking comedy down to single-word units could demystify its essence. Manager Cover Letter. “The research initially came about as a result of our curiosity,” said Tomas Engelthaler, the study’s lead author, in a press release. “We were wondering if certain words are perceived as funnier, even when read on their own.

It turns out that indeed is the case. Humor is an everyday aspects of our lives and latex files, we hope this publicly available dataset allows future researchers to better understand its foundations.” LIVE SMARTER BIG QUESTIONS WEATHER WATCH BE THE CHANGE JOB SECRETS QUIZZES WORLD WAR 1 SMART SHOPPING STONES, BONES, WRECKS #TBT THE PRESIDENTS WORDS RETROBITUARIES. With Help From Photoshop and AI, No One Will Know You Blinked in cover, That Photo. 5 Trouble-Shooting Tips to engel Keep Your House Plant Alive. Why You Should Never Flush Dental Floss Down the client service manager cover letter Toilet.

Mental Floss store and save 15% on do my thesis your first order?

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Customer Service Manager Cover Letter | Sample Cover Letters

resume links Gary Duane SHARP. Education: Primary and secondary schools in San Diego, California. Bachelor of Science, Zoology (1967); San Diego State Univ. Master of Science, Biology (1968), San Diego State Univ. Doctor of manager letter Philosophy, Marine Biology (1972), Univ. of Calif. San Diego, Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Employment: Presently Retired. But still communicating with global colleagues on Climatology, Technology and Fisheries Applications - I started going to sea in the summers of essays great 1957-58 - aboard a 200 ton capacity pole-and-Line tuna boat, the MV Mondego - aboard which the12 crewmen spoke 5 languages - being form all around the globe - My Step-father was chief Engineer - and I learned to Listen - as we were constantly confronted with weather-driven issues - and the Crew worked out solutions - A while before Niña/Niño were understood - which is what the client cover, 1957-58 weather transition was all about - 1961-1965 U.S.Air Force, Principal Horn with the Air Force Band of the Rockies, Denver, Colorado. 1965 - 1967 Assistant Principal Horn with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra Student.

1966-1968 Laboratory assistant, Biochemical Genetics, San Diego State University. 1968-1969 Biologist, Bureau of Commercial Fisheries, La Jolla, California. Researching tuna and pelagic fish physiology and behavior. 1969-1978 Senior Scientist, Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission, La Jolla, Researching genetics and physiological ecology of tunas. As a result of my early multidisciplinary approach to tuna research, and applied science, in 1976 I convened a Workshop, and essays great, edited with Andy Dizon, a volume entitled The Physiological Ecology of Tunas, which was published in 1978. 1978-1983 Fisheries Resources Officer, Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, Rome, Italy. Responsible for the evaluation and promotion of global tuna fishery research and development; I was mediator for client service manager two International Commissions for the management of tunas; I was also generally responsible for the promotion of appropriate climate-ocean research related to marine fisheries, including promotion of the FAO/IOC Ocean Sciences in Support of Living Resources Program. My first summer in service manager, residence in Rome, I compiled the service letter, relevant oceanographic information for the Indian Ocean, to produce a series of monthly maps of vulnerability zones for tropical tunas, which were published by the Indian Ocean Fisheries Development Program. These maps instigated the development of high seas seining, and fish aggregating device (FAD) applications in the western Indian Ocean, the latter in collaboration with FAO Master fisherman, and colleague, Menakem Ben-Yami.

The results have been spectacular advances in societal situations across the essay, Indian Ocean, from the service letter, Seychelles Plateau, the Maldives, on to Thailand, and now Indonesia. I was the paper, senior editor of the fourth Edition of the FAO Atlas on Living Resources of the Sea, working to make the context of fisheries more dynamic, and realistic. I planned, with my colleague, Jorge Csirke, and convened the 1983 Expert Consultation to Examine Changes in Distribution, Abundance and service manager cover letter, Species Composition for Neritic Fish Resources. The 1300pp. Proceedings was a compilation of essay information about climate-driven responses in client service cover letter, regional fisheries. This was my final project during my five year contract with FAO. I left FAO to allow these concepts time to emerge. 1983 - Present: Independent Consultant in ocean resources related climate-oceanography, science programs and research planning; aquaculture projects, fish stock identification via genetic and essays great, morphometric studies; oceanic fishery development and recruitment; design of management information systems. Contracted projects with UNDP, World Bank, FAO, and other International institutions, with in situ programs in Chile, all around the client manager, Mediterranean including North African nations, Somalia, the Faroe Islands, South Africa, Pakistan, Honduras, and Alaska.

1987 to 1989: I was under contract to NOAA from to help develop an integrated Ecosystem-Based Fisheries Monitoring and Management Program, and; 1990 to 1991: While acting as Consulting Science Advisor to the Undersecretary of Oceans and do my thesis paper, Atmosphere, one of my activities was to client manager stimulate implementation of a high resolution chronostratigraphy studies program in engel, NOAA while assigned to cover the NOAA Center for Ocean Analysis and Prediction as Visiting Scientist, via UCAR. My second project was to develop information sets for examining patterns of physical changes in the upper ocean. 1991 to electronics research 1997: I initiated the service cover letter, Cooperative Institute for Research in the Integrated Ocean Sciences, (CIRIOS) a joint institute between NOAA and the Naval Postgraduate School while active Associate Research Professorship at the Naval Postgraduate School, Department of Oceanography. I was the Executive Scientific Director. Latex Thesis? The joint institute's authority was transferred to the Foundation at California State University, Monterey Bay, in 1994, in a move to make its function more community oriented. CIRIOS @ Foundation CSUMB was let die by Foundation Management, as they were vested in high overheads, and not willing to client service cover letter nurture any existing relationships with other institutions after the Founding CEO and Provost, Dr. Steve Arvizu, with whom the initial contract was made, was deposed. 1993-to 2004 Adjunct Professor, Fisheries Centre, University of thesis multiple British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., Canada. 1993-to 2010 - Special Science and Policy Advisor to the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Research Advisory Panel. 1995-1997: Technology and Curriculum Development Planner, CSU Monterey Bay.

Recent Related Projects and Experience: The topics of Climate and service manager letter, Global Change, and applications of climate and upper ocean monitoring related to aquatic resources have been the major emphases of my studies since the early 1970s, but my focus has broadened from high seas fisheries to encompass climate related zoogeography, fisheries dynamics, and management opportunities. I convened four major international symposia - workshops in the period from how do you write essay January 1977 to May 1983, which lead to the rapid publication of several highly acclaimed volumes which have formed the basis for completely revised concepts and client cover letter, approaches to several research topics that were examined. The premises of these workshops has been that climate-driven ocean processes affect ocean fisheries, and society, at all levels. My major responsibilities over the last decade have included continuous promotion and monitoring of marine research related to climate and oceanographic mediated processes, with particular emphasis on ocean fisheries. For example, in June through August of 1985 I was contracted by the Fisheries Department of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, in essays great, Rome, to design an Ocean Monitoring and Recruitment Monitoring/Forecasting System for the Chilean Government.

Since I began work in the international community I have worked, advised and consulted in many countries, including: Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, Sr Lanka, Maldives, Seychelles, Zanzibar, Somalia, Cypress, Jugoslavia, Tunisia, Morocco, Italy, Spain, Açores, Norway, Canada, Nederlands, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, and the USA. I have a long list of colleagues from each of these experiences. From October 1986 to service manager 1989 I worked directly with the Assistant Administrator of NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service on the development of a proactive fisheries research and management system for the US, and its treaty commitments. Initially, I was contracted to design the NOAA NMFS Ecosystem Monitoring and Fisheries Management initiative. I also represented the Assistant Administrator (ex officio) on the NOAA Climate and Global Change Board of Directors for two years. January 1989 I was nominated as Visiting Scientist at NOAA's Center for Ocean Analysis and Prediction.

Roger Y. Anderson (a paleoscience colleague, and also a NOAA Visiting Scientist) and I coordinated our efforts to develop appropriate in situ observational and research systems that would facilitate various categories of high resolution sediments, corals, and v vitale, other accretion process data to be related to atmospheric and manager cover, hydrologic processes for the recent period of instrumental records as well as paleoclimate contexts. This included several meetings with NSF, EPA, USGS, NOAA staff and service manager letter, an array of academics with shared interests and some with Committee on Earth Sciences responsibilities. Client? Since these initial discussions and since our respective subsequent reports were made available throughout the high resolution paleoclimate community, several collaborations formed and efforts to obtain funding for the key aspects of our approach have been successful and are now emerging as major NSF Earth System History (ESH) Program area, which Roger Y. Anderson, on retiremen in 1993 - continued to lead. Much of this activity centers around a science network provided by the annual Pacific Climate Conference that is held in Monterey each Spring since 1984, at which I am an active participant.Our initial efforts were to initiate a Pole-to-Pole transect along the west coast of the Americas. This idea evolved, and under the capable guidance of Vera Markgraf, and J. A Comparison? Platt Bradbury (her husband deceased 2005) and PhD under RY Anderson) the IGBP PAGES Pole-Equator-Pole Project is service manager very alive, with its first summary report volume published in 2000. I often convened topical sessions (or attend) AMS, ASLO, AGU and AAAS and selected foreign symposia/meetings each year, following my interests in marine ecological consequences of climate variations. I am a member of the latter three organizations, as well as a Life Member of the Oceanography Society. I was an invited participant at the Benguela Ecology Program's 1986 conference on The Benguela and you write a comparison essay, Comparable Ecosystems, as well as the client cover, International Symposium on Long-term Variation of Pelagic Fish and their Environment, held in Japan in November 1989; the International Symposium on Operational Fisheries Oceanography, held in Newfoundland in October, 1990: The Nova Scotian Longliner's Conference, 1991, the Benguela Trophic Functioning Symposium held in engel essays, Cape Town in September 1991 and the 1993; the Latin American Colloquium on Marine Sciences in Coquimbo, Chile, in October 1991, the Canadian Society of Zoologist's Symposium on Conservation Issues, in Spring, 1996, in St. John's, NFLD, a special AAAS session on Applied Science in client manager letter, the Coastal Regime, San Jose, CA, summer 1996. Fisheries and biological oceanographic data that can also be useful to climate consequences research are abundant, but under utilized.

This is primarily due to these data being inaccessible. Engel V Vitale? Hidden data preclude rational management. In the recent decades since I left FAO I have participated in several international panels and client, workshops to define climate related consequences in fisheries and marine ecological contexts. Among these the following have produced reports to which I have made contributions: IOC/SCOR Working Group 65 workshop about on how do a comparison, and offshore exchanges of energy and material flows, Tiburon, California in April 1986; Assessment of Impact of Climate Variations, held in Laxenburg, Austria during June/July 1986; I wrote background materials for the initial Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Reports, which were combined with other materials by Dr. John Everett of NOAA NMFS, US representative to IPPC Working Group 2. I am continuing to support Dr. Everett's IPPC activities.

There is client service manager cover a separate IPCC Section on Climate Change and Fisheries in latest research, the Second Report. Both of us abandoned the IPCC activities after the second report came out, simply because the IPCC SPMs were not at all representing what was being presented by many of the more involved, skeptical field scientists - but merely focused on client service letter, model driven funding games players. I have also participated in UNEP workshops on Climate and essays, ENSO, as well as regional Climate Consequences discussions, in Bangkok, and Hanoi in 1991, and at NCAR in Boulder, Colorado in service letter, 1992. I convened a joint EPA/Texas Institute of Oceanography and NOAA workshop was held in Galveston Texas, 8-12 January, 1990, Climate Change and Ocean Processes: What are the Consequences? I wrote the FAO Department of Fisheries Position Paper on client manager cover letter, Climate Change, in consultation with my colleagues at FAO, in letter, preparation for the UNCED in Brazil, in June, 1992. I have been corresponding with Leonid Klyashtorin of VNIROV (Moscow) for several years, once we discovered our common interests in both climate regime issues, fishery ecosystem responses and you write a comparison, fisheries consequences. Client Service Manager Cover? In learning about his research and colleagues' expertise in climate forecasting applications, I introduced Klyashtorin and these ideas and methods To FAO colleagues, and they asked him to Write it up - I was asked to do the final English editing for that Report - and on it went. I had Klyastorin invited to PFEL in Pacific Grove, as Visiting Scientist for 6 months in 2002 - and introduced him to James Goodridge, retired California State Climatologist.

Once exposed to Klyashtorin and colleagues insights, Goodridge has examined several hypotheses relating such variables as the Earth's Rotation Rate (-LOD) to sea level pressure differences between Tokyo and thesis paper, San Francisco, re-inventing what we now know as the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. Client Service Manager Letter? Once Goodridge was exposed to the PDO studies of Steven Hare and Nathan Mantua, he focused on the correspondence of specific regional California precipitation patterns and the Vangenheim-Girs Atmospheric Climate Indices (ACI E-W ACI-C), and client manager cover letter, is presently developing a more specific series of such relationships. Working with Klyashtorin, Goodridge and George Taylor - Oregon State Climatologist - I have prepared posters and presentations for client service manager cover letter the PACLIM Conferences since the late 1980s - and the 1998 PICES Climate Fisheries Conference - that integrate our interpretations of climate-driven physical processes and ecological responses. Abstracts and descriptive notes about these posters and presentations were prepared and published in the annual proceedings of these conferences. I sent Klyashtorin home to write a book, - Cyclic Climate Changes and Fish Productivity - that he co-wrote with Alexey Lyubushin- and published in Russian in 2005 - I did the final English editing of the English translation, which was published in 2007 - and is available online FREE http://narod.yandex.ru/100.xhtml?alexeylyubushin.narod.ru/Climate_Changes_and_Fish_Productivity.pdf Leonid Klyashtorin died in February 2013, after giving his last presentation at VNIROV - where he worked for 38 years - on Arctic Ice. His son Alexey is translating that presentationinto Englis, and will pass it on how do a comparison, to me - so that I can get it out into the western world's knowledge. Related Special Interests:

Both understanding and in situ data are required in order to relate climate information (seasonal weather) to societally relevant consequences. Facilitating this has become my principal focus in recent years. Client Manager? Following the decades-long indulgences in statistical correlations utilizing SST in climate and fisheries research, and the near uselessness and indefensibility of the results from conventional stock assessment activities, fisheries are in decline worldwide. Little or no forecastive capabilities exist amongst conventional fisheries trained scientists, or their tools, given that fish live in an ever-chaging ocean, not in latex thesis multiple files, computers. The issue remains that too little attention has been given to subsurface ocean observations, related climate research, in situ process research, and to the role of climate-driven ocean variability on client manager letter, aquatic species distributions and abundance changes related to local responses by ecosystems. These studies are crucial to interpretation of fisheries information for management purposes, as well as to creation of do my thesis paper credible climate change scenarios from any generation of General Circulation Models.

S TILL WAITING FOR THESE GCMS TO ACTUALLY REPRODUCE HISTORICAL PROCESSES - OR EVEN PASS THE TEST OF VALIDATION OF THEIR PREDICTIONS - SO FAR = NOT CREDIBLE . My graphical/numeric compilations of World Ocean, monthly, one-by-one degree oceanographic data provided access for me and others to identify probable opportunities for several ocean fisheries. Also, they allow physical dynamic characterization of the more interesting small and client service letter, large scale frontal and transition zone fisheries of the world. As I continue to how do essay improve its format, the data sets now provide greater insight into the dynamics of the upper ocean than has been generally appreciated. During the recent decade I have tried enhancing desk top computer tools to allow ready access and letter, visualization of these dynamics. I have also been compiling informative global climate and ocean data sets for evaluations of short and essays great, long term trends and service cover, comparisons between important regions of the world. Unfortunately, with the onset of GHW Bush's wind-down of client service letter funding for empirical ocean obeservations, the service cover, quality and client manager cover letter, coverage of the observations has declined - or disappeared.

Over the manager letter, years, I demonstrated these tools and projects to many scientists and manager letter, decision makers, and the consensus is service manager cover that they are generally useful for v vitale teaching, particularly time series studies and client service manager, displays of climate processes over large geographic extents, and latex multiple, particularly where monthly/seasonal information sets exists for many years. I use these tools in client service, presentations, to emphasize dynamics. This approach was also applied bt Klaus Wyrtki, while he studied and defined the dynamics of the Indo-Pacific Warm Pool - and inspired many groups around the globe to get back to empirical sciences - Klaus Wyrtki died in February 2013, on my bithday. My early research and publications were diverse and mostly applications of novel techniques or methods for examining the basic assumptions and latest papers, practices of marine resources related sciences. Topics ranged from basic biochemical genetics, through molecular physiology to the physiological ecology of pelagic species such as the tunas and delphinid cetaceans, on to ecosystem monitoring for fisheries purposes and management applications. My more recent publications (since 1981) reflect my efforts to compile and disseminate global information about marine ecosystem and fisheries responses to climate-driven ocean variabilities. Cover? I have included below some of these early works, but I have less direct involvement in these research areas now than I once did. Essay? However, since the Monterey Bay Aquarium chose to create its Outer Bay exhibit including yellowfin and skipjack tunas, there has been ample opportunity to interact with the limited expertise pool that includes such long-time colleagues as Professors Barbara Block, Dennis Powers, George Somero, and the all-important chief keeper of the exhibit, Charles Farwell. This opportunity and other related activities helped me maintain contact with many of the more innovative researchers in fish genetics, fish aging, and physiological ecology. These topics are indispensable to client manager letter understanding fishery variability, and essays great, climate related Global ecological responses. I have worked with various components of the local city, county and regional government bodies toward the client manager cover, design and implementation of a Central California Environmental Information System that would service the latex, broadest possible suite of client service manager letter interests.

I have a long record of working with small expert groups toward resolution of specific applied research problems. I was active in do my, the development of the initial CSUMB Science Curriculum and Planning, and in client service manager letter, Staff selection activities since 1993. I was employed by CSUMB in September, 1995 as the Technology and client service manager letter, Curriculum Integration Planner to provide vision, leadership, strategic planning and coordination of client service cover a revolutionary plan for academic and administrative university-wide Technology-based Curriculum Integration technologies. I officially moved off campus due to Peter Smith's 'sick' approach to dwindling the initial goals set by the initial staff and leadership - and I then became semi-retired due to lower back issues - Electrophoretic study of tuna hemoglobins. 1969.

Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 31: 749-755. (MS Thesis). Studies of essays great Biochemical Genetics of Yellowfin Tuna in the Eastern Pacific Ocean. 1972. (Ph. D. Thesis), University of service letter California at do my San Diego, Scripps Institution of Oceanography.

An electrophoretic study of some scombroid fishes and manager cover letter, related forms. 1973. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 44B :381-388. Mercury in tunas: a review. 1973. Fish. Bull., U.S., 71(3) :603-615. (with C.L. Peterson and W.L.

Klawe) A comparison of the O2 Dissociation properties of the hemoglobins of some delphinid cetaceans. 1975. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 51A :673-681. A comparison of the O2 Dissociation properties of some scombroid hemoglobins.

1975. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 51A :683-691. An energetic model for the exploited yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares, population in the eastern Pacific Ocean. 1976. How Do? Fish. Bull., U.S., 74(1):36-50. (with R.C. Francis). Vulnerability of manager cover letter tunas as a function of environmental profiles. (In English and Japanese) In: Maguro Gyokyo Kyogikay Gijiroku, Suisano-Enyo Suisan Kenkyusho (Proceedings of the Tuna Fishery Research Conference, Fisheries Agency - Far Seas Fisheries Research Laboratory, Shimizu, Japan).

1976. Requirements for rigorous evaluation of the genetic structure of mobile marine populations [abstract]. International Society for Animal Blood GroupResearch Conference, Dublin, Ireland: 1976. A summary of results and questions derived from studies of engel biochemical and client manager cover, morphological adaption of tuna-like species and their energetics. In Vernberg, F. John, and A.V. Zhirmunsky (editors), Workshop on Joint USSR-USA Research Program on Physiology and Biochemistry of Marine Animals. U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, and Belle M. Baruch Institute for Marine Biology and Coastal Research, University of South Carolina: 1977. Energy for migration in albacore, Thunnus alalunga. 1977. Fish.

Bull., U.S., 75(2) :447-450. with R.C. Dotson. Introduction. pp. 3-5. Do My Thesis? In Sharp, Gary D., and Andrew E. Dizon (editors), The Physiological Ecology of Tunas. Academic Press,

New York, San Francisco, and London. Client Service Manager Letter? 1978. The distribution of red and white swimming muscles, their biochemistry, and the biochemical phylogeny of selected scombrid fishes. pp. 41-78 In: The Physiological Ecology of Tunas. (G.D. Sharp and A.E. Paper? Dizon, eds.) Academic Press. San Francisco and New York.

1978. with S.W. Pirages. The relation between heat generation, conservation, and swimming energetics of tunas. pp. 213-232 In: The Physiological Ecology of service manager cover letter Tunas. (G.D. Sharp and A.E.

Dizon, eds.) Academic Press. San Francisco and New York. 1978. with W.J. Vlymen, III. Behavioral and physiological properties of tunas and their effects on vulnerability to fishing gear. pp. 397-449 In: The Physiological Ecology of Tunas. (G.D.

Sharp and A.E. Essays? Dizon, eds.) Academic Press. San Francisco and client manager letter, New York. 1978. Perspectives: the past, present, and future of tuna physiology. pp.

451-458 In: The Physiological Ecology of Tunas. (G.D. Sharp and A.E. Dizon, eds.) Academic Press. San Francisco and New York. 1978. with A.E. Dizon. A summary of results and questions derived from studies of v vitale essays biochemical and morphological adaption of client service tuna-like species and their energetics. In: Vernberg, F. John, and A.V.

Zhirmunsky (editors), Workshop on Joint USSR-USA Research Program on Physiology and Biochemistry of Marine Animals. U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, and Belle M. Baruch Institute for Marine Biology and CoastalResearch, University of South Carolina: pp. Service Cover? 67-79 and client service cover letter, pp.228-229. Areas of potentially successful exploitation of tunas in the Indian Ocean with emphasis on surface methods. Indian Ocean Programme, FAO, Rome, Tech. Essays Great? Reports IOFC/DEV/79/47. 50pp. 1979. Biochemical genetic studies, their value and limitations in stock identification and discrimination. pp. 131-136 In: Mammals in the Sea, FAO ACMRR Working Party on Marine Mammals, Fish.

Ser. (5) Vol.3. 1981. Colonization: modes of opportunism in the ocean. pp. 125-148 In: Report and Documentation of the client manager, Workshop on the Effects of how do you write essay Environmental Variation on the Survival of Larval Pelagic Fishes. (G.D. Sharp, convenor). IOC Workshop Series No. 28, Unesco, Paris. Client Letter? 1981. Report of the Workshop on Effects of Environmental Variation on the Survival of Larval Pelagic Fishes. pp. 1-47 In: Report and Documentation of the Workshop on the Effects of Environmental Variation on the Survival of Larval Pelagic Fishes. (G.D. Sharp, convenor).

IOC Workshop Series No. 28, Unesco, Paris. Essays Great? 1981. Report on the research status and potential for cod rearing in the North Atlantic. from cover letter a meeting of consultants held in Svanøy, Norway, from 2-9 August, 1981. FAO/Norway Trust Funds. Thesis Paper? 13pp. Atlas of Living Resources of the Sea. FAO Publication. (G.D. Sharp and J.-P.

Troadec, eds.) Fourth Edition. 1981. Foreword to the Symposium. 1982 Collect. Vol. Sci. Pap. ICCAT /Recl. Doc. Sci. CICTA/Colecc. Doc. Cient. CICAA, VolXVII (SCRS-1981) 2 :431-438. Ocean sciences in support of living marine resources: a report. 1982. Canad. J. Fish. Client Cover Letter? Aq. Sci.

39(7) :1059-1070. (A.Bakun, J.Beyer, D.Pauly, J.G.Pope, and G.D.Sharp). Trends in respiratory work and ecological position in the marine ecosystem. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 76A(3): 405-412.

Proceedings of Symposium on you write a comparison, Comparative Cardiac Function in Lower Vertebrates, B. Client Service Cover? Tota and O. Do My Thesis? Poupa, eds. Client Service Letter? 1983. Neritic systems and fisheries: their perturbations, natural and man induced. pp. 155-202 In: Ecosystems of the cover letter, World: Part 27. Ecosystems of Continental Shelves (H. Manager Cover? Postma and J.J.Zijlstra, eds.). Elseviers Scientific Publishing Company, Amsterdam-Oxford-New York. 1988.

Physics and fish populations: shelf sea fronts and fisheries. pp. 659-682 In: Proceedings of the Expert Consultation to Examine the Changes in Abundance and Species Composition of Neritic Fish Resources, Sharp, G.D. and J. Csirke, eds. San Jose, Costa Rica, 18-29 April 1983. Latex Thesis Multiple Files? FAO Fish. Rep.

Ser. 291 , vol. 2, with J. Hunter. Modeling Fisheries: What was the question? pp. 1177-1224 In: Proceedings of the Expert Consultation to Examine the client service cover letter, Changes in essay, Abundance and Species Composition of service manager cover letter Neritic Fish Resources, Sharp, G.D., J. Csirke, and S. Garcia, San Jose, Costa Rica, 18-29 April 1983. FAO Fish.

Rep. Ser. 291, vol. 3. Tuna fisheries, elusive stock boundaries and illusory stock concepts. Essays Great? 1983 Collect. Vol. Sci. Pap. ICCAT /Recl. Doc. Sci. CICTA/Colecc. Doc. Cient. CICAA, Vol XVII (3): 812-829. Ecological efficiency and activity metabolism. pp.

459-474 In: Flows of client manager letter Energy and Materials in Marine Ecosystems: theory and practice . Thesis? M.J.R. Fasham, ed. Plenum Press. New York and London. 1984. Sharp, G.D. and J. Csirke, eds. 1983: Proceedings of the Expert Consultation to Examine the client service letter, Changes in Abundance and Species Composition of Neritic Fish Resources, San Jose, Costa Rica, 18-29 April 1983. FAO Fish. Rep.

Ser. 291 , vols. 2-3. 1294pp. Csirke, J. and G.D. Sharp, eds. 1983: Report of the Expert Consultation to Examine the service manager cover, Changes in Abundance and Species Composition of Neritic Fish Resources, San Jose, Costa Rica, 18-29 April 1983. FAO Fish.

Rep. Ser. Manager Cover Letter? 291 , vol 1. 100pp. Climate and fisheries : Cause and effect and the quest for elusive time series. 1986. pp. 180-182 In: The Human Consequences of 1985's Climate Conference (preprint volume) Held 4-7 August 1986, Ashville, North Carolina. American Meteorological Society. Climate and fisheries: Causes and effects related to development of fisheries monitoring and forecasting systems. Prepared for: Report of the client service cover letter, Task Force Meeting on client manager, Policy-Oriented Assessment of Impact of Climate Variations, held in Laxenburg, Austria, 30 June-2 July 1986. Latex Thesis Multiple? International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). An Ecological Framework for Marine Fishery Investigations.

1987. FAO Tech. Paper 283. Service Manager Cover Letter? 152 pp. (with John F. Caddy), available in English and Spanish. Climate and Fisheries: cause and effect or managing the long and short of it all. Latest Papers? 1987. In: The Benguela and Comparable Ecosystems. (Payne, A.I.L., J.A. Gulland and K.H.

Brink, eds.) So. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 5 :811-838. Climate and Fisheries: Cause and Effect - A system review. 1991: pp. 239-258. Service Manager Cover Letter? In: Long-term Variability of Pelagic Fish Populations and Their Environment. (T. Kawasaki, S. Tanaka, Y. Toba and A. Taniguchi, eds.) Pergamon Press, Tokyo.

Opportunities in Applied Oceanography in the California Current. 1991. Electronics? pp. 2136-2146. In: Coastal Zone ’91 (Proceedings of the Seventh Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Management) Orville T. Magoon, (editor), Hugh Converse, (editor), Virginia Tippie, (editor), L. Thomas Tobin, (editor), and Delores Clark, (editor), 3978 pp., 4 vols. Climate Change, the Indian Ocean Tuna Fishery, and Empiricism.

1992: pp. 377-416 In: Climate Variability, Climate Change and Fisheries. M.H. Glantz, ed., Cambridge University Press. Fishery Catch Records, ENSO, and Longer Term Climate Change as Inferred from Fish Remains From Marine Sediments. 1992 : PP. 379-417 In: Paleoclimatology of El Niño - Southern Oscillation, H. Client Manager Letter? Diaz and V. Markgraf, eds., Cambridge University Press. Pieces of the Puzzle: Anecdotes, Time Series and Insights.

1993. In: Benguela Trophic Functioning Symposium, (A.I.L. Payne, et al. eds.) So. African J. Mar. Essays Great? Sci. 12 :1079-1992.

Comments on the global ocean observing capabilities, indicator species as climate proxies, and the need for timely ocean monitoring. 1993. Oceanography, 5(3) :163-168. Sharp, G.D. and D.R. McLain. Fisheries, El Niño-Southern Oscillation and upper ocean temperature records: an eastern Pacific example. 1993. Oceanography, 6(1) : 13-22. Client Service Letter? Sharp, G.D. and client, D.R.

McLain. Recruitment in Flatfish: Lines for client cover Future Research. 1994. Netherl. J. Sea Res. 32(2) :227-230. Its About Time: new beginnings and essays great, old good ideas in fisheries science. 1995. Fisheries Oceanography. 4(4) :324-341. Arabian Sea Fisheries and Their Production Contexts.

1995. Letter? pp. 239-264 In: Arabian Sea Oceanography and Fisheries, Karachi, Pakistan. Skipjack velocity, dwell time and migration. 1996. Fisheries Oceanography, 5(2) :100-113. Thesis Paper? R.W. Gauldie and G.D. Sharp. The Oceanography of the manager cover, Indonesian Archipelago. 1996.

Chapter 2, In: Fisheries of the South China Sea and the Indonesian Archipelago, Pauly and Matsubroto, eds. ICLARM, Manila, Philippines. Its About Time: Rethinking fisheries management. Engel V Vitale? 1997. pp. 731736. In: Proceedings of the Second World Fisheries Conference, Brisbane, Australia. Hancock, Smith, Grant and Beumer, eds. Developing and Sustaining World Fisheries Resources: The state of science and management, 1996, CSIRO, Australia.

Environmental Time Series and North Pacific Fisheries, Presentation at PICES meeting, October 1994, Seattle, Washington. The Oceanography of the Indonesian Archipelago, pp. Client Service Manager Letter? 7-14. In: Fisheries of the South China Sea and thesis paper, the Indonesian Archipelago, Pauly and Matsubroto, eds. Client Manager Cover? ICLARM, Manila, Philippines.

1996. Its About Time: Rethinking fisheries management. pp731-736. In: Developing and Sustaining World Fisheries Resources: The state of science and management. Paper? Hancock, Smith, Grant and Beumer, eds. CSIRO, Australia. 1997. The Case for manager cover Dome-Shaped Response Curves by Fish Populations. 1998. . Pp. 503-524 In: Global Versus Local Changes In Upwelling Systems, edited by M-H Durand, P. Cury, R. Mendelsshon, C. Roy, A. Bakun, and D. Pauly.

Report from CEOS Workshop, Monterey, California, September, 1994. ORSTOM Editions, Paris. The Past Present and Future of Fisheries Science; Refashioning a Responsible Fisheries Science, 2000. pp207-262 In: Fisheries Oceanography: an essays great, integrative approach to fisheries ecology and management, P.J. Client Service Manager? Harrison and Timothy R. Parsons, eds. Blackwell Science, UK. Tuna Oceanography ­ An Applied Science. 2001. pp.345-390 In: TUNA: PHYSIOLOGY, ECOLOGY EVOLUTION, B.Block and E.D. Stevens, eds.

Academic Press, San Diego. Neoclassical Economics and Fisheries. 2001. pp61-79 In: Transactions of the North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference. with Charles A.S. Hall. Growth Rate and Recruitment: Evidence from year-class strength in the year-to-year variation in the distributions of otolith weight, fish weight, and fish length in Hoplostethus atlanticus. R.W. Gauldie and how do, G.D. Cover? Sharp. 2001. Thesis? Vie et Milieu, 51(4): 267-287. Neoclassical Economics and Fisheries, 2007.

G.D. Sharp, C.A.S. Client Service Manager Cover Letter? Hall. pp 423-441 In: Making World Developement Work, (G.Leclerc and CAS Hall, eds.) University of New Mexico Press, Albuquerque. Climate-Related Ocean Ecological Responses - Forecasting for Proactive Resource Management, talk and Abstract @ AGU, Honolulu, Hawaii, February 15, 2002. Now That We Know - What Do We Do About Regime Shifts and Fisheries Management? PACLIM, Asilomar, March 3-6, 2002. Future climate change and files, regional fisheries: a collaborative analysis.

2003, FAO Fisheries Department, Rome, published in FAO Fisheries Technical Paper 452, and available online. Ocean fisheries, and service manager, aquatic ecosystems - in response to daily, seasonal and climate scale forcing, GD Sharp, LB Klyashtorin, G.Taylor, J. Godridge, and J. Essays Great? O'Brien. Client Letter? February 2004, ASLO/TOS, Honolulu, Hawaii. The Applied Science of latex files Fisheries Oceanography, G.D. Sharp. Service Manager Cover Letter? February 2004, ASLO/TOS, Honolulu, Hawaii. Recent Invited Talks, Book Reviews and Presentations: Climate and how do you write essay, fisheries : Cause and effect and the quest for elusive time series. pp. 180-182 In: The Human Consequences of manager cover letter 1985's Climate Conference (preprint volume) Held 4-7 August 1986, Ashville, North Carolina. American Meteorological Society.

Climate and essays great, fisheries: Causes and effects in client manager, energy flows among coastal and offshore areas. Presented at the SCOR WG 65 workshop on Coastal/ Offshore Exchange, held in Tiburon, Calif.,7-11 April 1986. Climate and fisheries: Causes and effects related to development of fisheries monitoring and forecasting systems. Prepared for do my thesis paper : Report of the Task Force Meeting on Policy-Oriented Assessment of Impact of Climate Variations, held in Laxenburg, Austria, 30 June-2 July 1986. International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). Climate and Fisheries: Cause and effect, or managing the long and short of it all.

Keynote presentation in the session on Harvesting in Complex Systems, of the Benguela 86 Symposium, held in client service letter, Cape Town, South Africa, 8-12 September, 1986. Program Review Team member. Climate and latex multiple files, fisheries: Cause and Effect, long and short term patterns and processes. Presented at client service manager letter the Fourth PACLIM Workshop on Climate Variability of the Eastern North Pacific and Western North America, 23-26 April, 1987, Pacific Grove, California. I have attended and participated in the annual Pacific Climate Conference, held at Asilomar, Pacific Grove, California, providing posters and computer demonstrations, since 1987. Resource Management In Whole Systems Contexts, Contracted Resource Document for FAO/Japan Workshop on Fisheries and World Food Security. CLIMATE CHANGE AND OCEAN PROCESSES: WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES? A Report: Summary of information from January 1990 workshop presentations by Roger Y. Anderson, Robert Chervin, Vern Derr, Henry Diaz, J.O.Fletcher, Dennis King, Brad Linsley, and Robert Webb at Texas AM University, Galveston, TX.

G.D. Sharp, Rapporteur. Pieces of the Puzzle: Climate Change and Ocean Fisheries presentation at the 11th Semana do Pesca, Horta, Faizal, Azores, March 1991. Arabian Sea Fisheries, Climate Change, and Regional Patterns. Thesis Files? National Fisheries Institute, Karachi, Pakistan, September, 1993. Review Team Member for Flatfish Symposium, Texel, Nederlands, October, 1993. Participated in the OPEN project review at the University of British Columbia in February, 1994. Participated in client cover letter, the NSF GLOBEC Northeastern Pacific Planning Meeting and research review session in February, 1995 , Seattle , Washington. Oceanic Fishes and Physics: Lessons From Fisheries, Presentation and Abstract Workshop on Fisheries Oceanography, UBC Fisheries Centre, summer,1995, Invited Speaker Canadian Society of Zoologists, Symposium on Applied Science in Fisheries Management, Memorial University, St.

John's, Newfoundland, May 1996. Workshop on the Status of Global Fisheries Management, November, 1996, Monterey Institute for engel v vitale essays International Studies, Monterey, California. ENSO and manager letter, Ecosystems - abstract. How Do A Comparison? (Full Presentation). Colloquium on El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO): Atmospheric, Oceanic, Societal, Environmental, and Policy Perspectives. 20 July - 1 August 1997 - Boulder, Colorado.

Its About Time: Rethinking fisheries management. pp731-736. Client Manager? In: Developing and Sustaining World Fisheries Resources: The state of thesis science and manager cover letter, management. Proceedings of the Second World Fisheries Conference, Brisbane, Australia.Hancock, Smith, Grant and Beumer, eds. Latex Multiple? CSIRO, Australia. 1997. The Case for Dome-Shaped Response Curves by service manager Fish Populations. 1998. . Pp. 503-524 In: Global Versus Local Changes In Upwelling Systems, edited by v vitale M-H Durand, P. Cury, R. Mendelsshon, C. Client Manager Cover Letter? Roy, A. Bakun, and how do you write a comparison, D. Pauly. Client Service Manager Cover Letter? Report from CEOS Workshop, Monterey, California, September, 1994. ORSTOM Editions, Paris. Tropical Tunas and the ENSO Cycle, Review of the causes and consequences of Cold Events: the La Niña Summit, a Workshop sponsored by research papers UNUniveristy; National Center for Atmospheric research and UN Environmental Program.

Boulder, Colorado, July 1998. The Past Present and Future of Fisheries Science; Refashioning a Responsible Fisheries Science. pp207-262 In:Fisheries Oceanography: an integrative approach to fisheries ecology and management, 2000. P.J. Service Manager Cover? Harrison and latex multiple, Timothy R. Parsons, eds. Blackwell Science, UK. Review of Climate and Fisheries related to the Draft Alaskan Groundfish SEIS, by NOAA/NMFS, February, 2001, Alaska Ocean Network. Historical Patterns and client service manager cover, Prediction of Climate Change and Fisheries, May 2001. Letter? Review of Bristol bay Salmon Research, Dillingham, AK.

PACLIM 2001 Session Leader for topic: Solar Influences on Climate, June 2001, Asilomar, Monterey CA. Growth rate and recruitment evidence from year-class strength in the year-to-year variation in the distributions of otolith weight, fish weight, and fish length in Hoplostethus atlanticus. 2001. Client Service Manager? Vie et Milieu, 51(4):267-287. R.W. Gauldie and G.D. Sharp. A Brief History of Fisheries Oceanography, 2004. Electronics? - Draft only.

Projecting Climate Changes and Ecological Responses, May 2007, GD Sharp, D McLain, and LB Klyashtori, PACLIM 24th Conference, Asilomar, Pacific Grove, California. Dean Bavington: Managed annihilation: an unnatural history of the Newfoundland cod collapse. G.D. Sharp. August 2011. Agriculture and client service manager cover, Human Values: Volume 28, Issue 3 (2011), Page 457-458.

Out of cover letter Fishermen's Hands. G.D. Sharp, M.Ben-Yami and J.R. McGoodwin, 2004. Kwong Fat Printers, Hong Kong 238pp. Recent Posters, Abstracts and Magazine Articles. Climate and Fisheries: Cause and cover, Effect: The formulation of an appropriate fisheries modeling context.

Presented , Abstract. Fall 1988 American Fisheries Society meeting in you write a comparison, Toronto. The initiation of a major oceanic tuna fishery from client manager cover a purely physical basis. Presented at the International Symposium on Operational Fisheries Oceanography, 23-27 October, 1989, St. Essays Great? John's, Newfoundland. Poster: Atmosphere, Ocean and Terrestrial Clues to Climate Linkages. Abstract, The Oceanography Society Meeting, St. Petersburg, Fl. March 1991. Graphical presentation of sources and implications of various data time series derived from sediments, fisheries catch data, and COADS. Long and short term ocean environmental information: context and insight into practical ecological problems.

Abstract, The Pacific Science Congress, Honolulu, HI, June 1991. Session Chair. Pieces of the Puzzle. Coast and Ocean Magazine, Vol.7 (1), February 1991. Atmosphere, Ocean and Terrestrial Clues to Climate Linkages.

The Oceanography Society Meeting, St. Petersburg, Florida, March 1991. (poster and letter, abstract). Long and short term ocean environment information: context and insight into engel essays, practical ecological problems. Presented at the Pacific Science Congress, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 1991 (abstract only). Climate and Fisheries: cause and effect - ENSO and client service manager, longer cycles. pp. 387-390 In: Long-Term Variability of do my Pelagic Fish Populations and client letter, Their Environment.

T. Kawasaki, S. Tanaka, Y. Toba and A. Taniguchi, eds. Pergamon Press, Tokyo, Oxford. Poster abstract with K.T. Dorsey and D.R. McLain. 1991. Time Series - Graphical Spread Sheets. Presentation. Abstract, Pacific Congress on Marine Science and Technology, June 1992, Kona, Hawaii. Session Chair.

Fisheries and Oceanographic Time Series, poster at PICES meeting, October 1992, Victoria, B.C. Thermal structure time series for selected southern hemisphere ocean regions. Poster for the American Meteorological Society and Southern Oceanography Meetings held in you write essay, Hobart, Tasmania, March 1993. with K.T. Dorsey and D.R. Client Service Cover Letter? McLain.

Time series and pelagic fisheries research problems. Invited talk given at latest electronics papers CSIRO Fisheries laboratories, Hobart, Tasmania. March 1993. El Niño, Que Pasa? Invited talk for Gulf of Farallones - Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary - San Francisco, December 1998. The Fugue, Poster coauthored with Leonid Klyashtorin and James Goodridge, PICES Beyond Niño Workshop, UC San Diego, March 2000. Climate and Fisheries: Costs and Benefits of Change, Online presentation and client cover, manuscript prepared for the IIFET 2000 meeting at Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, July 10-14, 2000. A Brief Review of the History of Fisheries Science and its Relation to Fish Culture, Online presentation and manuscript prepared for the IIFET 2000 meeting at Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, July 10-14, 2000. Seminar series on Climate, Ecosystems and Fisheries Management, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, three weeks in Fall 2000. Coping With Climate Change, Based on Historical Experiences - a web OpEd for John Daly's Waiting for Greenhouse website.

Census for Marine Life, Workshop, Monterey, CA, November 2000. Rapportuer - Oceanography and Data Management Working Group. Forecasting Ocean Ecosystem Responses to Various Climate Clocks, 2000.coauthored with Leonid Klyashtorin and James Goodridge, 65-90 In: Proceedings of the seventeenth Annual Pacific Climate Workshop, G.J. West and L.D. Buffaloe, eds., Tech. Rep.

67 of the Interagency Ecological Program for the San Francisco Estuary. The New Regimes: Fish Stories and thesis paper, Society, joint poster on long-term consequences of Climate Forcing, coauthored with Leonid Klyashtorin and client service cover, James Goodridge, PACLIM, Asilomar, April 2001. In: Proceedings of the Eighteenth Annual Pacific Climate Workshop, G.J. West and L.D. Buffaloe, eds., Tech. Rep.69 of the Interagency Ecological Program for the San Francisco Estuary. Now That We Know - What Do We Do About Regime Shifts and Fisheries Management? G.D. Sharp, April 2002.

PACLIM, in Proceedings and Abstracts of the engel essays, Nineteenth Annual Pacific Climate Workshop, G.J. West and L.D. Client Manager? Buffaloe, eds., Tech. Client Cover Letter? Rep. 68 of the Interagency Ecological Program for the San Francisco Estuary. The Way Forward From Uncertainty from Equilibrium Modeling . G.D. Client Service? Sharp and v vitale, Leonid Klyashtorin . poster/abstract April 2003 PACLIM, In Proceedings of the 20th Annual Pacific Climate Workshop, Scott Starratt and Nikki L. Blomquist, eds., Tech.

Rep. 72 of the Interagency Ecological Program for the San Francisco Estuary. available on CD-ROM as well. Dynamic Contexts and service manager cover letter, Fisheries Ecosystem Responses, Abstract from presentation - Special Sesssion on Climate and Fisheries, AGU Portland Oregon, January 2004. Ocean fisheries, and aquatic ecosystems ­in response to daily, seasonal and climate scale forcing. G.D. Sharp, L. Klyashtorin, J. Goodridge, G. Taylor, J. V Vitale Essays? O'Brien. ASLO/TOC Special Session on Operational Oceanography - invited speaker. Honolulu, Hawaii, February 2004. Questions have no simple, one-cause/one-effect answers. Client Service Manager Cover? SPIKED Questionaire: Online.

A Brief History of Applied Fisheries Oceanography - Part II - The Role Of CLIOTOP and TOPP in Revitalizing Ocean Sciences. Invited Speaker, CLIOTOP Session - Ocean Sciences Meeting February, 2006 Honolulu, Hawaii. Projecting Climate Changes and Ecological Responses - Gary D Sharp. Leonid Klyashtorin and engel essays, Douglas McLain - PACLIM April, 2007 - Asilomar, CA, Scott Starratt, editor - Quaternary International.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Client Services Manager Cover Letter | JobHero

You searched for: resume ( Slovak - Korean ) From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and cover, freely available translation repositories. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Prijata neplatna DCC RESUME poziadavka od% 1. Last Update: 2011-10-23. Usage Frequency: 1.

Do you want to be prompted about whether you want to do my resume the currently scheduled processes of service letter, encryption of non-system partitions/volumes? ?? ??? “?-??? ???/??? ??? ??”? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????????? Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Do you want to cancel the a comparison entire process of creation of the hidden operating system?Note: You will NOT be able to resume the client service cover process if you cancel it now. ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ???????????: ?? ???? ?? ? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ?? ???. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Do you want to interrupt and essays great, postpone the process of client service manager cover, decryption of the system partition/drive?Note: You will be able to resume the process and thesis, it will continue from the point it was stopped.

You can do so, for manager example, by selecting 'System' 'Resume Interrupted Process' from the latest menu bar of the main TrueCrypt window. Manager Cover! If you want to reverse the decryption process (and start encrypting), select 'System' 'Encrypt System Partition/Drive'. ??? ???/????? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???????????: ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?????. ? ??? ??? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? “???” ? “??? ??? ?? ??”? ???? ??? ? ????. Do My! ???? ??? ????, ???? ?????, “???” ? “??? ???/???? ???”? ?????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1.

Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. Do you want to interrupt and postpone the client service process of encryption of the partition/volume?Note: Keep in client service letter mind that the client letter volume cannot be mounted until it has been fully encrypted. You will be able to how do you write essay resume the client service manager process of essays, encryption and service letter, it will continue from the point it was stopped. You can do so, for thesis example, by selecting 'Volumes' 'Resume Interrupted Process' from the menu bar of the main TrueCrypt window. ???/??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ???????????: ??? ??? ????? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ????. Client Service Cover Letter! ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??, ? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?????. ? ??? ??? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? “??” ? “??? ??? ?? ??”? ???? ??? ? ????.

Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. Do you want to you write a comparison interrupt and postpone the process of client cover letter, encryption of the system partition/drive?Note: You will be able to resume the process and it will continue from the point it was stopped. You can do so, for example, by selecting 'System' 'Resume Interrupted Process' from the essays great menu bar of the main TrueCrypt window. If you want to permanently terminate or reverse the service cover letter encryption process, select 'System' 'Permanently Decrypt System Partition/Drive'. ??? ???/????? ??? ??? ???? ???? ???????????: ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?????. ? ??? ??? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? “???” ? “??? ??? ?? ??”? ???? ??? ? ????. ??? ??? ??? ????? ?????, “???” ? “??? ???/????? ??? ????”? ?????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1.

Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. Error: Failed to resume the client service manager cover process of encryption/decryption of the system partition/drive. ??: ??? ???/????? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ????? ??????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Error: The process of encryption of the partition/volume has not been completed. It must be completed first.Note: To resume the client service cover letter process, select 'Volumes' 'Resume Interrupted Process' from the menu bar of the do my thesis paper main TrueCrypt window.

??: ??? ???/??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?????. ?? ??? ???? ???.??: ? ??? ?? ?????, TrueCrypt ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? “??” “??? ??? ?? ??”? ???? ??? ? ????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. IMPORTANT: Keep in client cover letter mind that you can resume the research papers process of encryption of any non-system partition/volume by selecting 'Volumes' 'Resume Interrupted Process' from the menu bar of the client service manager cover letter main TrueCrypt window. ??: ?-??? ???/??? ??? ??? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? “??” ? “??? ??? ?? ??”? ???? ?? ??? ? ????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1.

Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. Note: If you interrupt the do my thesis paper process of wiping and then attempt to resume it, the entire process will have to start from the service cover beginning. ??: ???? ?? ??? ???? ? ??? ?? ????, ?? ??? ???? ?? ?????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science.

Usage Frequency: 1. Note: You can interrupt the thesis paper process of wiping, shut down your computer, start the client cover letter hidden system again and then resume the electronics process (this wizard will be launched automatically). However, if you interrupt it, the entire process of wiping will have to start from the beginning. ??: ???? ??? ??? ??? ? ??, ???? ???? ?? ???? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ????(* ? ???? ???? ?????). ??? ???? ?? ????, ?? ??? ???? ?? ?????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Please enter the password and/or keyfile(s) for the non-system volume where you want to client manager cover resume the process of essays great, in-place encryption.Remark: After you click Next, TrueCrypt will attempt to manager cover letter find all non-system volumes where the process of encryption has been interrupted and where the TrueCrypt volume header can be decrypted using the supplied password and/or keyfile(s). If more than one such volume is found, you will need to select one of thesis multiple files, them in the next step. ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ?? “?-??? ??”? ?? ????/???? ??? ????.??: “??”? ???? TrueCrypt? ? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?-??? ?? ? ? ??? ????/???? ???? TrueCrypt ?? ??? ??? ??? ? ?? ???? ?? ?-??? ??? ??? ?????. Client Service! ? ? ??? ??? ????, ???? ?? ???? ??? ?? ? ??? ???? ???. Last Update: 2009-07-01.

Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Resume Interrupted Process. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. The hidden operating system has been successfully created.

However, before you can start using it (and achieve plausible deniability), you need to securely erase (using TrueCrypt) the entire content of the partition where the currently running operating system is client manager cover letter installed. Before you can do that, you need to service restart the computer and, in a comparison essay the TrueCrypt Boot Loader screen (which appears before Windows starts), enter the service manager cover pre-boot authentication password for the hidden operating system. Then, after the latest research papers hidden system starts, the TrueCrypt wizard will be launched automatically.Note: If you choose to terminate the service letter process of creation of the multiple hidden operating system now, you will NOT be able to resume the process and the hidden system will NOT be accessible (because the client service manager cover letter TrueCrypt Boot Loader will be removed). ?? ????? ????? ???????. ??? ?? ???? ??(* ?? ???? ????? ??? ??), ?? ?? ?? ????? ???? ?? ???? ?? ??? TrueCrypt? ???? ???? ??? ? ??? ????. Engel Essays! ? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ??(> ??? ?? ?? ???)?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?????. ??? ?? ???? ??? ??, TrueCrypt ???? ???? ?????.??: ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ??? ??, ? ??? ?? ??? ? ?? ??, ?? ???? ??? ? ?? ???(* TrueCrypt ?? ??? ????? ??). Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1.

The pretest has been successfully completed.WARNING: Please note that if power supply is suddenly interrupted while encrypting existing data in service manager place, or when the cover operating system crashes due to a software error or hardware malfunction while TrueCrypt is client manager letter encrypting existing data in place, portions of the research data will be corrupted or lost. Therefore, before you start encrypting, please make sure that you have backup copies of the files you want to service encrypt. If you do not, please back up the files now (you can click Defer, back up the files, then run TrueCrypt again anytime, and select 'System' 'Resume Interrupted Process' to start encrypting).When ready, click Encrypt to start encrypting. ?????? ????? ??????.??: ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ? ?? ??? ??? ????? ? ????? ?? ????? ????? ????? ??? ????, ?? ???? ????? ??? ? ????. Service Manager Letter! ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???? ???. ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ????. “??”? ???? ??? ???? TrueCrypt? ?? ??? ??, ???? ????? “???” ? “??? ??? ?? ??”? ?????.??? ??? ??? ??? ????? “???”? ?????. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Warning: Contains invisible HTML formatting. There is client manager no process/task to resume. ?? ??? ??/??? ????. Last Update: 2009-07-01.

Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. You can click Pause or Defer anytime to interrupt the process of latest, encryption, exit this wizard, restart or shut down your computer, and manager cover letter, then resume the process, which will continue from the do my thesis paper point it was stopped. Note that the volume cannot be mounted until it has been fully encrypted. ???? ???? ??? ??? ????? ?? “??” ?? “??”? ??? ? ??, ???? ??? ? ???? ?? ????, ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ? ????. ??? ??? ????? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ????.

Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. You have scheduled the client manager process of paper, creation of a hidden operating system. Client! The process has not been completed yet. To complete it, you need to restart the computer and, in the TrueCrypt Boot Loader screen (which appears before Windows starts), enter the latex thesis multiple password for the hidden operating system.Note: If you choose to terminate the process of service, creation of the service letter hidden operating system now, you will NOT be able to resume the process.

?? ????? ?? ??? ??????. ?? ??? ?? ???? ?????. Client Service Manager Letter! ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ?? TrueCrypt ?? ?? ??(> ??? ?? ?? ???)?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ???? ???.??: ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ??? ??, ? ??? ?? ??? ? ?? ???. Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. You have scheduled the process of encryption of v vitale essays, a partition/volume. Client Service Manager Letter! The process has not been completed yet.Do you want to electronics research papers resume the client cover letter process now?

???/??? ??? ??? ??????. ?? ??? ??? ??? ?????.?? ? ??? ?? ????????? Last Update: 2009-07-01. Subject: Computer Science. Usage Frequency: 1. Search human translated sentences.

Credits - Computer translations are provided by engel v vitale, a combination of client, our statistical machine translator, Google, Microsoft, Systran and essay, Worldlingo.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Client Services Manager Cover Letter Sample

20 Basic Resume Writing Rules That#39;ll Put You Ahead of the client service manager Competition. If you’re thinking about taking a new step in your career, your resume’s probably high on your mind. When’s the last time you updated it? How will you transfer the skills from your current job or industry to a new one? How will you set yourself apart from other candidates? How long and horrible will this revision process actually be?

Just asking these questions can be exhausting, let alone actually answering them. And, if you’re not fresh off the job search, the v vitale essays thought of thinking everything through and creating an interview-worthy resume can be exhausted. Client Service Manager Cover Letter! Fear not! We’ve come up with the multiple 20 basic rules that will get you that much closer to success. This is a biggie! If a hiring manager’s spending six seconds looking at your resume, he or she might not even get to the second page! Unless you’re applying to cover letter, be an executive or a partner somewhere, one page will be sufficient and is a widely accepted “best practice.” To cut it down, remember the purpose of it—it’s not to showcase everything you’ve ever done, but rather to show that you have the latex files background, skills, and experience for the job at hand. 2. Avoid Spelling or Grammar Errors. Another biggie. There are some recruiters who will discount your resume the second they see a spelling or grammar error.

Although it can be painful, make sure you don’t just read over your resume several times, but also that you have a friend take a peek, too. Client! This is paper, another common error that can really hurt you in the eyes of client service cover, hiring managers. As a general rule, if something on essays great, your resume is in the past, use the past tense (managed, delivered, organized) and manager, if you are still actively in the role, use the present tense (manage, deliver, organize). 4. Manager! Avoid the First Person Pronouns. As a general practice, don’t use words like “I” or “me” or “my.” So, instead of service manager cover, saying “I hit and exceeded company sales quotas 100% of the time” say “Hit and exceeded sales quotas 100% of the time.” Saving your resume as a PDF (rather than a Word and document) freezes it as an essays great image so that you can be sure hiring managers see the same formatting as you. If you send it any other way, there’s a chance that the styling, format, font, and cover letter, so on, could look different on their computer than yours. 6. Label Your Resume File Correctly.

Too many people save this important document with random or generic file names like sgks123.pdf or resume.pdf. Latest Electronics! Remember that recruiters can see the name of the file that you send them and letter, also remember that they get tons of resumes every day. Make it super clear whose resume they should click on by saving it under a logical name like FirstName_LastName_Resume.pdf. Latex! Even more important than naming the file in a logical manner is laying out your resume in a logical manner. Client Service Manager Cover! How you lay it out really depends on where you are in your career path and what you’re looking to do next. While chronological the default, it’s not always the best way to make your case. Muse writer Lily Zhang lays out the other options that might work better for you. You might be tempted to latest electronics papers, just shrink the text to get your resume to fit on a page. (Which is funny, because remember all those times in school when you made it 12.5 to make it longer?

Life!) While you can adjust the size to manager cover, some degree, never go below 10-point font. 9. Keep it Organized and Visually Appealing. Essays Great! Remember how hiring managers usually spend just six seconds looking at your resume? Help them maximize that time by making your resume super clear and client manager letter, easy-to-read. You want each section bolded (maybe capitalized) and each job title bolded. Make your life easier by do my thesis using a template. Just like you want your verb tenses to manager, be consistent throughout, it’s also important that the formatting is, too. Research Papers! If one title’s bold, the other titles should be bold. If one bullet point has a period at the end, the other bullet points should have that as well. When you list out your experience, be sure to include context. What city, state (or country) did this job take place in.

Did you travel and operate in multiple cities? What dates did you have that experience? Was it for five months or five years? Context matters! Anyone can say that he or she excelled at client service cover letter his or her last job.

So, you need to prove to the hiring manager that you truly did. How Do You Write Essay! Numbers, percentages, and client service, supporting facts go a long way in showing that you have a track record of success. Research! For example, rather than saying “successfully hit sales quotas” as a bullet point in your resume you should say “successfully hit sales quotas 100% of the time and exceeded goals by client service manager cover letter 25% in the last 5 months.” You can even do this if your position doesn’t involve using numbers. 13. Name Drop (and Title Drop) Like You’ve Never Done Before. This is essays great, your chance to brag. Client Manager Letter! If you got a promotion or a raise because of your performance, you should mention it. If you worked with the CEO of the company or were a point of contact for a large, corporate customer, mention their names! This goes a long way in letter, showing that you can run with important people. It shows that you’re confident. Client Cover! It shows that you’re capable. Paper! (Of course, make sure you’re presenting the manager cover letter facts accurately and not exaggerating.) WANT AN EXPERT TO HELP YOU PERFECT THE RESUME. . and get you way ahead of the competition?

Don’t use any of electronics research, your precious space to include the names and contact info for client service cover your references (or to write things like “references available upon request”). This document’s for manager recruiters to decide if they want to talk to you, not your references. If they get to the point in client cover letter, the application process where they want to speak to these people, they will reach out to essays great, you and ask for those names. Until then, no need to mention. 15. Use Your Judgement When it Comes to Creativity. Some industries are more creative than others. If you’re working in digital media or design or elementary school education, it might make sense for client manager letter your resume to be creative and essays great, colored. If you’re applying for a job in finance, operations, or most corporate jobs, you probably want to client manager letter, keep it black and white and a comparison essay, structured. Be thoughtful when it comes to your creativity (or lack thereof).

16. Don’t List Everything You’ve Ever Done. There should be a purpose for every word. Service Letter! When you’re writing and editing, ask yourself this question, “Will this sentence help me get the latex thesis multiple job I want?” If not, you should consider editing that sentence or removing it. 17. Think About the Person Reading Your Resume. It’s important to remember that there’s a real person reading this. And it’s also important to remember that it’s her job to find awesome candidates to interview and present to her boss or team. It’s also not her job to do you any favors.

So you should think about client manager her when you’re writing your resume. How can you make her job easier? How can you write your resume in such a way that she gets excited when she sees it, thinks you’re perfect for the job, and is willing to put herself out there by presenting you to her team. 18. Papers! Think About What Makes You Different. It’s important that you be yourself during the application process (obviously putting your best foot forward).

This includes what you write on service cover letter, your application materials. V Vitale Essays! Don’t hesitate to show who you really are, your likes and interests, your personality, what makes you unique, and so on. While this definitely requires some judgment calls (for example, expressing personality when applying for a traditional role in a traditional industry might not be the best move) it could ultimately be the thing that sets you apart and gets you hired. After all, these are real people hiring you and they’d probably prefer to work with someone who’s enjoyable and a good culture fit. And if your personality isn’t a fit for the job, you probably wouldn’t have been happy there any way so it works out for everyone. 19.

Think About the Specific Job You’re Applying To. One of my favorite tricks to help communicate that you are the client service manager cover letter perfect person for a job is to read the job description and list out multiple, key phrases. Then, when you’re writing or editing your resume, find ways to incorporate those words and phrases from the desired job description into client service manager cover, your resume. This can be super useful when a machine or human recruiter skims it. 20. Think of do my thesis, This as a Storytelling Document.

Many of the client service manager cover letter tips that I’ve mentioned all point to papers, the general idea that your resume should clearly and manager letter, concisely tell the story of “you”—helping hiring managers understand why you’re the right person for the job. Latest Electronics! This is, in fact, the entire purpose. Ultimately, when you re-read and edit it, make sure that it tells the story of your background, the skills you gained along the way, the experiences that you’ve had, and makes it crystal clear why you’ve ended up where you are today and client service letter, why the role that they are hiring for is the perfect next step for you. You Write A Comparison! Photo of hands on manager, computer courtesy of Dougal Waters/Getty Images#46; Jody loves anything that has to do with people, business, and technology. Essays Great! With these passions (and perhaps the fact that her parents are a psychologist and a counselor) it only makes sense that Jody manages Coach Connect at client service The Muse.

In her spare time, Jody enjoys writing, spending copious amounts of time outside, falling in love with NYC, and visiting friends and family in essays great, North Carolina. (Go Heels!) Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for client service manager this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Client Service Manager Cover Letter for Resume - BestSampleResume

Communication impairment in manager cover letter, patients with Parkinson's disease: challenges and solutions. Authors Holtgraves T, Cadle C. Accepted for publication 20 March 2016. Checked for essays great plagiarism Yes. Thomas Holtgraves, Chelsea Cadle.

Parkinson’s disease (PD) is currently the second most common neurodegenerative disorder, showing a prevalence rate of 0#37;–3#37; of the entire population in industrialized countries and #126;1#37; in people older than 60 years. 1 Although PD has traditionally been classified as a paradigmatic movement disorder characterized by muscle rigidity, bradykinesia, resting tremor, and cover letter, postural instability, recent research has revealed a broad spectrum of client service nonmotor symptoms, including cognitive deficits (short-term memory, executive functions [EFs]), and language impairment. 2 Although each individual may experience PD symptoms in varying degrees, it is client cover, now well established that language and communication deficits appear early on in the service manager letter disease progression. As effective communication is critical to client service manager cover letter, developing and maintaining relationships, it is essays great, important for people with PD and their caretakers/physicians to be aware of changes in communication abilities that might occur. Increased understanding of the communication impairments and client service cover letter, associated cognitive and neural mechanisms stands to essays great, benefit both individuals with PD and their physicians/caretakers. Enhanced awareness concerning both production and comprehension deficits associated with PD progression may serve to reduce interpersonal issues and misunderstandings during conversation.

Furthermore, implementing the recommendations suggested in this review may reduce communication deficiencies and help improve overall quality of client service manager cover life. In this paper, we review researches on a range of communication deficits and associated cognitive and essays great, neural mechanisms. We first review what is known about comprehension deficits in PD, followed by service manager cover letter a consideration of production deficits. Engel. At the end of each section, we provide a set of client service manager letter recommendations based on the empirical findings. A summary of our recommendations is provided in a comparison, Table 1. Table 1 Summary of recommendations based on documented communication deficits in Parkinson’s disease. There has been a considerable amount of research examining the extent to which PD is associated with various comprehension deficiencies and associated cognitive and neural processes that may contribute to those deficits. In general, this research can be organized around syntactic comprehension, emotion recognition, and pragmatic comprehension (ie, recognition of speaker meaning). Syntactic comprehension deficits. The role of syntactic comprehension is service letter, crucial in normal language understanding. Successful processing of syntactic information allows people to extract meaning from utterances by combining words in a particular order and rejecting unlikely word arrangements.

Increasing evidence suggests that people with PD display impaired syntactic comprehension abilities, which negatively affects overall understanding of utterances received during conversation. Friederici et al 3 studied nondemented PD patients, all of whom were taking medication and were not suffering from depression. Patients’ syntactic processing skills were investigated using event-related brain potentials. The results suggested that, while early semantic processing appears to remain normal, late-stage syntactic integration is impaired. 3 Such findings support the earlier work performed by Grossman et al, 4,5 which suggested that medicated PD patients without dementia consistently suffer from comprehension difficulties when presented with syntactically complex sentences.

Findings further indicated that these difficulties are dependent upon deficient attention systems. Essays Great. 4 In attempting to delineate what characterizes a “complex” sentence that PD patients may struggle to comprehend, Grossman et al 6 monitored cerebral blood-oxygen-level dependent activity with functional magnetic resonance imaging, while PD patients were presented with sentences differing in their grammatical structure. Findings suggested that individuals with PD show significantly reduced recruitment of the striatum in sentence comprehension. 6 In the frontal–striatal–thalamic loop, the striatum is understood to function as a cognitive resource for manager cover working memory (WM) and information-processing speed. Engel. Taken together, studies by manager letter Grossman et al 4–6 suggest that people with PD struggle to you write a comparison, comprehend sentences that are grammatically structured with an objective-relevant clause and have difficulty with utterances that impose increased short-term memory demands resulting from client manager letter long antecedent-gap linkages.

Findings from the studies of latex files Grossman et al 4–6 implicate impaired executive processes as possible sources for language comprehension deficits that result from PD. Client Cover. Indeed, several studies suggest that various comprehension deficits may be attributable to certain cognitive deficits, such as the role of WM in syntactic processing. Another relevant cognitive deficit is set shifting or the ability to alter behavior according to the relevance of the stimuli. A review of this area by Dirnberger and Jahanshahi 7 contained several interesting conclusions about EFs in PD and set shifting in particular. According to these authors, attention deficits in files, PD occur primarily for manager letter tasks involving internally generated cues, such as the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test; when an external cue is available, attention deficits for PD relative to control participants are minimized. 8,9 As a result, individuals with PD will have difficulty with nonroutine tasks requiring effortful processing, a deficit that can manifest in unusual forms of language (eg, nonliteral language described later). Moreover, this internal cue processing deficit likely underlies the difficulty PD individuals have with planning (ie, internal cues are required) as evidenced by their inferior performance on the Tower of London and related tasks, 10 a deficit that can impact language production as described later. Impaired emotion recognition in PD.

The ability to infer the essays great emotional states of service manager letter others is essays great, made possible through accurate recognition of facial expressions 11 and correct interpretation of implied meaning through tone of voice. Assessing these nonverbal cues often reveals what a speaker is service cover letter, truly attempting to accomplish by allowing the listener to qualify the explicit meaning of a sentence. Client Manager. Though the literature is inconsistent, several findings of studies suggest that emotion recognition abilities, utilizing facial expression or speech prosody are impaired in client manager, people with PD. Latest Research. Dewick et al 12 investigated a variety of face processing skills in a group of idiopathic, nondemented PD patients, all of whom were taking anti-Parkinsonian medication at the time the study was conducted. Face processing skills assessed during the investigation included: 1) the ability to match unfamiliar faces by service manager letter their identity; 2) discriminate faces by sex or emotional expression; and 3) discriminate faces according to which speech sound was being produced. The results from this early study indicated that PD patients were significantly impaired on all facial processing skills compared to healthy control participants. 12 This study led to an early conclusion that PD causes a basic deficit in latex thesis multiple, encoding facial expression, which was then suggested to cause impaired processing for client service letter all later interpretation stages. However, additional research investigating similar nonverbal communication deficits suggests that not all individuals with PD exhibit such global impairment in client service, facial expression encoding. Sprengelmeyer et al 13 found that idiopathic PD patients can accurately process and manager, discriminate the engel v vitale essays identity of faces but then fail to service letter, correctly process the emotional expression in later stages of the task. Latest Electronics Research. The researchers further noted that PD participants exhibited greater deficits when attempting to identify specific emotions.

Specifically, individuals with PD misidentified “disgust” more frequently than age-matched controls, while both PD and control participants made frequent errors when assessing “fear”. Importantly, facial recognition impairments may be mitigated when patients are receiving dopamine-replacement therapy, as indicated by reduced error rate for medicated PD participants compared to medication-free PD participants when identifying disgust. 13 Somewhat consistent with the findings of Sprengelmeyer et al, 13 Suzuki et al 14 found an emotion recognition deficit for participants in the early stages of service manager cover idiopathic PD, all of whom were receiving dopamine replacement therapy, that was specific to disgust. Evidence from early studies investigating emotion identification impairment in latest electronics research papers, PD emphasized the need for clarification when nuances, such as medication status, were considered. In response to this call for integration and clarification, Gray and Tickle-Degnen 15 reviewed a multitude of studies on emotion recognition in PD. Specifically, their review addressed possible impairments for service manager letter emotion recognition based on task type, stimulus modality, specific emotion interpretation, medication status, depression status, and correspondence to the level of executive functioning impairment.

The results indicated that the effect of thesis multiple files PD on emotion recognition as a function of stimulus modality was more severe when interpreting prosodic expression compared to facial expressions. Service Letter. 15 The moderating role of task type was investigated by comparing performance on three tasks: emotion identification, emotion discrimination, and client cover letter, a rating task. Findings indicated that individuals with PD show the greatest error rate when assessed via an identification or discrimination task for manager both facial and v vitale essays, prosodic expression measures. 15 Both of service cover these emotion recognition tasks require participants to categorize the intended meaning of either a facial or a prosodic expression; however, an identification task requires the additional demand of producing a semantic label. Interestingly, all reported emotion recognition deficits did not appear to be related to level of motor disability nor depression level. These findings suggest that comprehension deficits in all forms (ie, cognitive, pragmatic, emotion) are strongly influenced by WM impairment. 15. Several theories have been suggested to explain why facial recognition abilities are compromised by PD. The simulation theory suggests that the constructive and unconscious tendency for a perceiver to mimic the emotional expression of the interlocutor is what allows us to figuratively place ourselves in another person’s situation. 16 Through a process known as facial feedback, the latex thesis multiple spontaneous mimicry of a partner’s emotional state in one’s own facial expression allows the service listener to gain insight into the proper classification of the speaker’s true emotional state by simulating the client service cover affective component of the speaker’s perspective. As PD commonly results in a decline in the ability to express emotions via the service manager cover face, the theory proposes that it is the inability of individuals with PD to multiple, properly mimic the client cover speaker’s displayed emotion that results in impaired emotion awareness.

17 Though this theory accounts for an affective component seemingly essential to accurate emotion recognition, it has not been clearly established that to service cover, recognize an emotional state, one must also be able to express that state, thus the theory lacks an equally essential cognitive component. Several neural regions and interconnecting “loops” have been proposed as the underlying mechanism controlling emotion recognition. Alexander et al 18 proposed that the client service manager cover neurophysiology of the basal ganglia consists of three separable loops, which serve to connect the putamen, the caudate nucleus, and the nucleus accumbens with several cortical and subcortical regions. The circuit contains the critical nigrostriatal and mesolimbic dopaminergic systems, which conjointly function in modulating information processing within the striatum. As each of the electronics three loops differentially connects and affects distinct brain areas, Alexander et al 18 hypothesized that a specific pattern of motor, cognitive, and emotional impairment can be anticipated.

Indeed, research suggests that the dorsal putamen, which is directly affected by the “motor loop”, shows severely reduced metabolism in early stages of the disease. Reduced functionality in the motor loop can result in service manager, reduced control over movement preparation, movement direction, and the velocity and amplitude of movement. 13 Evidence further suggests that as PD progresses, the dorsal caudate nucleus, which receives projections from the “complex loop”, and the posterior parts of the ventral putamen, associated with the “limbic loop”, also show significant metabolism reduction. Importantly, loss of v vitale dopamine within the limbic loop has been considered the manager letter primary cause for deficient recognition of disgust in service manager cover letter, people with PD. As previously discussed, Sprengelmeyer et al 13 provided strong evidence of service cover right ventral putamen activation in parallel to thesis multiple files, viewing facial expressions of client service cover disgust. Pragmatic meaning comprehension deficits in PD. Pragmatic meaning comprehension refers to the ability to understand what a speaker intends to convey with an utterance and engel v vitale essays, is normally focused on nonliteral language such as metaphor, irony, and sarcasm. Successful comprehension requires the integration of multiple sources of information, including the service cover social context, the speaker’s emotional state, and so on.

Several studies within the past decade suggest that nondemented and medicated PD patients exhibit deficits in several nonliteral language domains. 19–21 As some degree of thesis multiple files shared understanding of a recipients’ utterance is client cover, essential for successful language use, early deficits in this domain should be examined when determining early diagnosis and strongly considered when approaching conversations. Monetta and Pell 20 studied metaphor comprehension in a group of latest electronics medicated PD patients and found that individuals with PD committed more metaphor interpretation errors and were slower to manager cover letter, respond compared to control participants. Interestingly, metaphor comprehension was only impaired in PD participants who also demonstrated extreme deficits in WM. 20 In a later work by engel v vitale essays Monetta et al, 19 irony comprehension and lie detection were examined in a similar nondemented group of PD patients.

Results revealed that PD patients exhibit impaired irony identification, while lie detection remained unimpaired. Consistent with the authors’ previous findings, 20 two assessments measuring verbal WM and fluency were strongly related to deficits in the lie detection story task. 19. In addition to nonliteral language, pragmatic meaning comprehension can also refer to client service manager letter, illocutionary force or what a speaker intends to how do you write a comparison essay, achieve with an client manager utterance. 22 Holtgraves and McNamara 21 investigated PD patients’ speech act comprehension by having nondemented PD patients and age-matched controls perform a timed lexical decision task following an utterance that performed a specific speech act (ie, beg) or a matched utterance that did not perform that speech act. Participants in the control group exhibited the expected priming for how do you write essay the action verb after the client letter speech act utterance. However, the PD participants did not exhibit this priming effect, suggesting that speech act activation is do my, slowed or is no longer an automatic component of comprehension.

21 Additional analyses indicated that this speech act processing deficit was significantly correlated with both symptom severity and EF (Stroop test) performance. 21 In a follow-up study, the client cover letter same participants read scenarios and do my thesis paper, utterances and were asked to provide a single word that they believed best described the action the speaker was performing. PD participants correctly identified significantly fewer speech acts than did the control participants, demonstrating a deficit in speech act recognition in PD that is independent of temporal constraints. Lloyd 23 also studied illocutionary force in terms of receptive prosodic loss or the ability to comprehend behavioral and verbal nuances during conversation. Results indicated that nondemented PD patients who were not suffering from depression showed impaired ability to accurately identify utterance prosody and displayed deficits for utterance prosody comprehension. Such findings suggest that verbal and emotional nuances, such as a subtle change in tone of voice or facial expression, may go undetected by PD patients. 23. Finally, Berg et al 24 examined nonliteral language comprehension in PD patients without cognitive deficits. Though language comprehension was studied using a variety of subtasks, only inference accuracy and sentence analysis were significantly impaired in PD participants compared to controls. 24 Understanding the degree to which pragmatic comprehension deficits impact overall understanding of letter everyday conversation is essential if language use is to be successful. We offer the following empirically based suggestions that may facilitate communication with PD patients.

However, we note that these strategies can be overdone with the speaker being perceived as condescending. Hence, judicious care should be taken when following these recommendations so as to do my paper, lessen this risk. In addition, just as each individual’s experience with PD is unique, utilization of these recommendations are subject to an individual’s specific area(s) of impairment. Service Manager Cover Letter. Thus, physicians, caretakers, and PD patients should discuss particular circumstances in which these recommendations may best serve to do my thesis, facilitate communication. Avoid complex syntax. Research suggests that PD patients display a processing deficit for sentences with a complex syntax.

3 Hence, speakers should make an effort to avoid complex constructions such as the use of center-embedded clauses. Avoid taxing WM. Research suggests that reducing the amount of cover letter information requiring maintenance in WM can diminish processing deficits in people with PD. 4–6 In addition to simpler syntax, speakers are advised to actively ground their conversational contributions, 25 that is, to chunk the information they are conveying into smaller units and wait for acknowledgment before proceeding. Latex Multiple Files. (Note that acknowledgment sometimes may need to be elicited from the individual.) Clearly delineate topics. Conversations should be structured so as to thoroughly discuss a single subject in a compartmentalized manner before shifting to a new and unrelated topic. Grouping conversation topics will reduce WM load and allow for greater topic understanding even if the patient exhibits impaired processing speed. Set shifting is another EF that has consistently been found to client manager cover letter, be impaired due to PD. 7 This suggests that people with PD may sometimes have difficulty following subtle topic shifts. A Comparison Essay. It is recommended, then, that speakers use topic markers (eg, “Returning to what we were talking about earlier…”) and make it clear when transitioning to a new topic.

In addition, it may be beneficial to elicit a verbal acknowledgment of topic shifts when discussing related subject matters. Client Letter. Avoid reliance on latex thesis files emotional expressions. People are typically in the habit of cover relying on engel v vitale essays their emotional expressions (either facial expressions or emotional prosody) to allow others to disambiguate their meaning. However, individuals with PD show a deficit in recognizing others’ emotional expressions, especially in terms of emotional prosody. 15 People should be aware of this and manager, not rely so much on emotional expressions to help disambiguate their utterances. Avoid nonliteral meaning. How Do Essay. When conversing with people with PD, there should be an attempt to manager letter, convey meaning directly, so that recipients are not required to essays great, engage in extensive inferential processing in order to correctly recognize one’s intended meaning. Furthermore, speakers should encourage patients to cover, give feedback on the interpretation of the conveyed utterance to ensure the intended meaning was accurately received. Use performative verbs. In addition to the recognition of nonliteral meaning, it appears that some individuals with PD may be impaired in terms of you write essay recognizing speech acts.

21 One way to client service manager cover, deal with this is to use performative verbs, that is, verbs that name the speech act that is being performed. Hence, to remind someone of something, use a form of the verb “remind” rather than leaving it implicit. Minimize distractions. Conversations with PD patients will be enhanced if they are held in a quiet environment with minimal background distractions and the speaker is oriented to face the listener. Latex Multiple. Also, when speaking to client manager cover letter, individuals with PD, the speaker should try to speak at an octave slightly above normal range and at a reduced rate, particularly when communicating complex information. To facilitate understanding, phrases should be kept short when possible, and additional pauses should be incorporated when long sentences are required. Relative to research on comprehension deficits, there has been less research examining production deficits in latest, PD.

This imbalanced emphasis on comprehension deficits reflects the innate difficulty in disentangling the two communication domains. That is, failure to respond appropriately to an utterance could reflect impaired ability to formulate an appropriate response utterance. However, it is just as possible that an inappropriate response results from a failed attempt to comprehend the entirety of an utterance just provided by client a speaker. Nevertheless, in v vitale essays, this section, we review literature on possible language production deficits that result from PD and conclude with our recommendations on factors, which we hope will serve to minimize communication impairments. Reduced language production and client service manager cover, informational content in PD. Information has accumulated over the past several decades indicating a significant reduction in language production and informational content in latest research, utterances produced by client manager letter individuals with PD. Essays Great. In an early study, Cummings 26 examined language production in patients with PD (both with and without various types of dementia). Overall, the language of nondemented PD patients contained lower information context and simpler syntax (relative to expected, norm-based performance). In a related language production study, Illes et al 27 supported Cummings’ 26 findings of PD patients displaying lower syntactic complexity relative to control participants. However, significant deficits were reported only in those patients who were moderately (and not mildly) impaired. A possible explanation for service cover this caveat was provided by the additional finding that syntactic complexity was strongly correlated with dysarthria severity and PD severity.

27 Other research programs have found similar deficits when examining spontaneous language production rather than using standardized tests. For example, using a spontaneous task, Small et al 28 found significant differences in thesis paper, sentence length, number of propositions, and manager, grammatical complexity between nonimpaired controls and PD participants with moderate dementia; no significant language differences were found between the engel controls and client service manager cover letter, nondemented and mildly demented PD participants. Using a picture-describing task, Murray 29 reported that PD patients produced fewer grammatical sentences, as well as sentences with reduced informational content, relative to controls. A related study conducted by Murray and essays great, Lenz 30 examined language production in conversational discourse and client, reported no syntactical impairment in the PD group, although the degree of dementia was negatively related to do my, syntactic complexity and letter, sentence length. Speech fluency abnormalities, inappropriate pauses, and impaired grammar in PD. In addition to a reduction in utterance informational content 26,29 and an overall drop in speech production, 28–30 PD has also been associated with abnormalities in speech fluency in the form of prolonged and essays great, inappropriate pauses and manager cover letter, incorrect verb usage. Illes 31 examined spontaneous language production in patients with PD and found fluency disruption in do my thesis paper, the form of service manager cover letter long-duration silent hesitations as well as open-class verbal paraphasia. However, in contrast to Cummings, 26 PD patients in this study did not significantly differ from service manager letter controls in service cover letter, terms of do my paper syntax. 31 This finding was also demonstrated by Hammen and Yorkston 32 who report that PD patients also demonstrated a tendency to service cover letter, pause inappropriately (eg, within a phrase or a clause) relative to controls. Verbal fluency deficits in PD have been investigated frequently. Henry and Crawford 33 conducted a meta-analysis and do my paper, concluded that people with PD display significant impairment on measures of client both semantic and phonetic fluency.

In addition, the how do semantic fluency deficit appears to client, be significantly larger than the phonetic deficit and independent of cognitive speed and effortful retrieval, suggesting that semantic memory is particularly impaired in PD. Furthermore, the relative prominence of semantic to phonetic deficits in PD with dementia is a feature that serves to do my thesis paper, differentiate it from other types of dementia such as Alzheimer’s type. Interestingly, Zanini et al 34 examined sentence production in bilingual PD patients and found more grammatical errors for PD patients, relative to service manager letter, controls, but only for their first and not their second language. The authors suggest that participants’ first language is client manager letter, more likely to client letter, reflect implicit, procedural processing and hence more likely to engage basal ganglia structures, which are impaired with PD. In contrast, a participant’s second language is more likely to reflect explicit processing and hence more likely to engage neocortical structures. 34.

More recently, Troche and Altmann 35 examined the correlation between cognitive deficits and essays great, language production in PD using sentence repetition and generation tasks. PD participants produced more fluency irregularities and fewer acceptable sentences than healthy participants in the sentence repetition task. For the sentence generation task, PD participants were impaired, relative to healthy participants, on manager cover letter fluency, grammaticality, and manager cover, completeness, although the impairment was largest for fluency. However, when cognitive abilities were controlled, deficits seen in repetition tasks were no longer significant, whereas impairment on the sentence generation task remained. 36 Finally, Coleman et al 37 reported a more specific grammatical impairment in PD, a deficit in terms of client service manager cover letter producing a correct verb form, whereas noun production was not impaired. In sum, there is essays great, considerable evidence for service manager letter a cluster of thesis specific language production deficits in service, PD, including lowered informational content, speech fluency abnormalities, long and inappropriate pauses, and impaired grammar, all of which can influence one’s ability to contribute appropriately to do my thesis, a conversation. These deficits are not necessarily independent.

For example, impaired semantic fluency likely contributes to reduced informational content. Manager Letter. Also, some of these production deficits (eg, lowered informational content) may reflect a comprehension deficit (failure to understand a prior turn) rather than a production deficit per se. In general, these deficits are related to overall cognitive ability and are usually related to disease duration and severity. Respiratory physiologic issues and production deficits in PD. Successful speech production relies not only on language planning and cognitive resources but also on the capacity to perform proper motor plans and movements of the respiratory, laryngeal, and supralaryngeal systems. Research on PD-related physiological impairments has shown that people with PD show deficits in each of the mentioned systems during speech production. For example, Huber and Darling 38 found that PD patients produced shorter utterances compared to control participants and that this reduction was directly related to decreased lung volume initiation and weaker inspiratory duration in the PD group.

Furthermore, Solomon and Hixon 39 found that individuals with PD showed reduced rib cage volume and larger abdominal-based respiration during speech initiation. In addition, these PD patients produced fewer words and decreased overall time producing speech than did control participants. 39 Although impaired respiratory-related physiological factors result in the diminished ability to adjust speech volume, studies have also shown that irregular neuronal activity in the globus pallidus caused by increased rates of apoptosis may underlie the respiratory abnormalities associated with PD. Manager. 40,41. Such physiologic deficits need to be considered when engaging in prolonged conversations with individuals who demonstrate this specific impairment. Further emphasizing the need for increased attention to respiratory system deficiency in PD populations, Ho et al 42 investigated the client service manager irregularities in speech volume control (hypophonia) caused by PD and its significant impact on overall satisfaction gained through human interaction, and specifically conversation. The first two experiments examined the impact of PD on an individual’s ability to automatically regulate speech volume when background noise and instantaneous auditory feedback were manipulated. Results showed that compared to controls, PD participants were less able to increase their speech volume when background noise increased and similarly showed reduced tendencies to latex thesis multiple, decrease volume as instantaneous auditory feedback increased. 42 These findings illustrate that individuals with PD tend to demonstrate overconstancy with speech volume and thus fail to accurately respond to contextually appropriate implicit cues. However, in cover letter, the third experiment carried out by Ho et al, 43 individuals with PD were verbally instructed to increase/decrease their speech volume to determine if participants previously failing to respond to latest papers, subtle context cues were capable of appropriately modulating their speech volumes.

Findings showed that when verbally instructed to do so, PD participants expressed normal fluctuations in volume and thus maintained the capacity to client cover letter, vary vocal range. 43. Some researchers have examined how the speech of individuals with PD influences the manner in which they are perceived. Pitcairn et al 44 had participants listen to semi-structured interviews with either PD or unimpaired speakers. The PD participants were rated more negatively than controls on several dimensions; they were perceived as more hostile, unhappy, tense, and anxious. V Vitale. Acoustically, PD individuals displayed less pitch variation and more pauses than the controls. However, acoustic variability was not significantly related to any of the perceptual dimensions.

44. More recently, Jaywant and Pell 45 used a similar procedure and service, found, consistent with Pitcairn et al, 44 that PD speakers were perceived as less friendly, happy, involved, and interested than control speakers. Acoustically, PD speakers displayed lower mean intensity, high variability of intensity, and shorter total discourse duration, relative to controls. 45 Unlike Pitcairn et al, 44 this acoustical variability was significantly related to several of the perceived personality dimensions. Electronics Research Papers. In terms of perceptions of the content of talk, there was an unexpected finding for the content of the PD speakers’ talk to be perceived more positively (eg, coherent, comprehensible, interesting) than that of the service manager control participants’ talk. The authors speculate that the briefer descriptions provided by the PD speakers were more to the point, hence resulting in greater perceived coherence.

In any event, the engel v vitale essays authors emphasize the negative consequences of PD speech in that they tend to be perceived as less friendly, happy, and involved. Service Manager Letter. 45. Pragmatic production deficits in PD. An early report examining pragmatic production deficits in v vitale, PD was conducted by McNamara and client letter, Durso, 46 in which, participants (PD and control) engaged in brief conversations with a member of the research team. The conversations were coded using the essays great pragmatic checklist of cover Prutting and Kirchner 47 , a scheme for classifying social language skills in terms of verbal features (eg, topic selection, topic maintenance, turn taking, lexical variation), paralinguistic features (prosody, vocal quality), and nonverbal features (eg, gaze, gestures). PD participants were impaired on 20.4#37; of the client cover letter items relative to client service cover letter, the control participants. However, the PD and control participants did not vary significantly on measures of mental status or verbal fluency (although the scores of the former were lower than the latter on both), suggesting that the pragmatic impairment was not simply reducible to global cognitive deficits or poverty of speech. 46 At the same time, there were significant PD–control differences on the performance of tasks related to essays great, frontal lobe deficits (Stroop test and design fluency), and for service manager the PD participants, these measures were significantly correlated with their pragmatic performance. 46 In a separate study, PD participants were asked to papers, rate themselves on dimensions derived from the protocol of service letter Prutting and Kirchner, 47 and their spouse or significant other also rated them using the same items.

The PD participants consistently overestimated their pragmatic abilities, relative to the ratings provided by their spouse or significant other, differences that were significant for speech acts, lexical selection, stylistics, and conversational appropriateness. A similar study was conducted more recently by Hall et al 48 using the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago’s Rating Scale of service cover Pragmatic Communication Skills, 49 a scale that evaluates ten categories of pragmatic function, four nonverbal dimensions (intonation, eye contact, facial expressions, gestures and proxemics) and six verbal dimensions (conversational initiation, turn-taking, topic maintenance, response length, presupposition, referencing skills). PD participants were significantly impaired overall, and the impairment was greater for nonverbal dimensions than for verbal dimensions. In addition, there were substantial correlations between the degree of overall pragmatic impairment and mental status, motor severity, and disease duration. 48. A more specific pragmatic production deficit, the production of uninformative utterances, was examined by service Holtgraves et al. Research Papers. 50 PD and healthy control participants’ were interviewed regarding family, work history, daily activities, and so on. These interviews were taped and later coded by two raters (blind to group membership) in manager, terms of degree of utterance informativeness. Paper. PD participants produced a significantly larger number of under-informative turns than did control participants.

Importantly, the degree of informativeness was significantly correlated with automatic speech act recognition (as reported in Holtgraves and McNamara 21 ). That is, the less PD participants were able to recognize the intention behind another’s remark, the greater their degree of under-informativeness in the interview. 50. One promising approach to pragmatic production deficits in PD is politeness theory. Client Service Manager. 51 In this approach, language users are assumed to be attentive to situation-based interpersonal considerations and structure their utterances so as to essays great, be responsive, to varying degrees, to these considerations. Service Manager. Holtgraves and McNamara 21 used politeness theory to examine the possibility that individuals with PD might suffer a deficit in terms of conversational appropriateness. Using a role-playing methodology, PD and client service manager, healthy controls were asked to indicate what they would say in various situations in client manager, which request imposition and client manager, power were manipulated. In general, PD participants produced lower levels of politeness and, more importantly, were less sensitive to variations in request size than were healthy controls; the former failed to modulate the politeness of their requests as a function of request size to the extent that the service manager control participants did.

Insensitivity to power differences also occurred, but only for participants who were on large dosages of medication. Specifically, PD participants who were on higher dosage levels, relative to thesis paper, PD participants on lower dosage levels and control participants, did not vary their politeness as a function of the recipient’s power. 21. More recently, researchers have begun to analyze the client manager cover manner in which individuals handle some of the pragmatic difficulties that may occur when interacting with PD patients. Considerable complexity emerges when an interacting dyad is treated as a system, and you write a comparison essay, PD communication deficits can impact that system in multiple and complex ways.

The approach taken by these researchers – conversation analysis (CA) – is a rigorous empirical approach that attempts to uncover regularities in conversation. 52 Although there is a substantial CA literature, attempts to use this methodology in service cover, the examination of essays great pragmatic difficulties in PD are recent and rare. Saldert et al 53 and Griffiths et al 54 examined in detail naturally occurring conversations between PD patients and nonimpaired others (Griffiths et al 55 for letter a more general discussion on the use of CA for analyzing PD interactional difficulties). Client Letter. These interactions were recorded and analyzed using common CA techniques. Several consistent patterns emerged. Client. First, Griffiths et al 54 focused on talk overlap.

Although overlapping talk occurs in conversation, it is relatively infrequent and typically handled quickly and do my thesis paper, efficiently with repair (ie, attempts to correct) sequences. Client Service Cover. 56 But timing is critical for service cover letter these sequences to function, and since individuals with PD produce more silent pauses, 31 the integrity of this system can be undermined. Also, as has been demonstrated, there is client, a strong systematic preference for self-repair over other-repair. 57 However, PD speakers, due to both speech production (dysarthria) and electronics papers, cognitive deficits, are at a disadvantage in initiating repair sequences. And, in fact, this difficulty appears to client cover, frequently result in the deletion of PD turns at talk. Saldert et al 53 focused primarily on trouble sources in conversations with PD participants. An important contribution of their work was the identification of cognitive difficulties as contributing to the initiation of repair sequences. Specifically, 70#37; of the instances of other-repair in these conversations were related to the semantic content of a turn produced by the individual with PD, typically word-finding difficulty or use of atypical wording. The approach taken by thesis these researchers is client, extremely important because it points specifically to the interactional difficulties that may occur in do my thesis, PD and service cover, how speech and cognitive deficits associated with PD may be magnified in interactional settings.

We provide below a set of recommendations based on the literature reviewed earlier. As with our previous recommendations, these should be applied judiciously in order to avoid being perceived as condescending. Do not judge. Essays Great. Individuals with PD display a variety of client manager letter language production deficits (long and inappropriate pauses, reduced information content, impoliteness) that may result in negative perceptions. Awareness that these features may be part of the symptomatology resulting from this disorder is helpful in avoiding these unwarranted perceptions. Latest Electronics Research Papers. Note also that research suggests a lack of awareness on the part of service cover letter people with PD regarding their communication deficits. 58. Be patient/do not rush.

One of the clearest PD production deficits is the thesis multiple files occurrence of long and sometimes inappropriate pauses. 27 These can be problematic because of the critical role played by pauses in the management of conversational turn-taking. When interacting with PD individuals, it may be helpful to client service, maintain awareness of their tendency to essay, pause and give them time to complete any turns before initiating one’s own turn. It is clear that there are multiple communication deficits associated with PD. The purpose of this paper was to client service manager cover, organize and summarize existing empirical research on these deficits and essays great, provide recommendations for dealing with these deficits in order to facilitate communication with those who suffer from PD. The deficits we review manifest as both difficulties comprehending others, what we refer to as comprehension deficits, as well as difficulties contributing satisfactorily to verbal interactions with others, what we refer to as production deficits. Many of these communication difficulties worsen with disease duration and disease severity, and some are helped with dopaminergic medication. In addition, some of these deficits are a result of general cognitive decline, especially impaired WM and set-shifting abilities.

It is important to realize that people suffering with PD may not be aware of their deficits. In general, we recommend awareness and sensitivity to these communication deficits, an client manager cover letter approach that can contribute to more satisfactory and informative interactions. The authors report no conflicts of interest in this work. de Lau LM, Breteler MM. Epidemiology of Parkinson’s disease. Lancet Neurol . 2006;5(6):525–535. Garcia-Ruiz PJ, Chaudhuri KR, Martinez-Martin P. Non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease A review… from the essays great past. Client Service Cover Letter. J Neurol Sci . 2014;338(1):30–33. Friederici AD, Kotz SA, Werheid K, Hein G, von Cramon DY. Syntactic comprehension in Parkinson’s disease: investigating early automatic and engel essays, late integrational processes using event-related brain potentials. Neuropsychology . 2003;17(1):133.

Grossman M, Carvell S, Gollomp S, et al. Cognitive and client manager, physiological substrates of impaired sentence processing in Parkinson’s disease. J Cogn Neurosci . 1993;5(4):480–498. Grossman M, Zurif E, Lee C, et al. Information processing speed and sentence comprehension in Parkinson’s disease. Paper. Neuropsychology . 2002;16(2):174. Grossman M, Cooke A, DeVita C, et al. Grammatical and resource components of sentence processing in Parkinson’s disease: an fMRI study. Neurology . 2003;60(5):775–781. Dirnberger G, Jahanshahi M. Executive dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease: a review. J Neuropsychol . 2013;7(2):193–224.

Brown R, Marsden C. An investigation of the phenomenon of service manager cover “set” in service manager, Parkinson’s disease. Mov Disord . 1988;3(2):152–161. Brown R, Marsden C. Internal versus external cues and the control of attention in Parkinson’s disease. Brain . 1988;111(Pt 2):323–345. Owen A, James M, Leigh P, et al. Fronto-striatal cognitive deficits at different stages of client service manager letter Parkinson’s disease. Brain . 1992;115(Pt 6):1727–1751.

Ariatti A, Benuzzi F, Nichelli P. Recognition of emotions from visual and prosodic cues in Parkinson’s disease. Neurol Sci . 2008; 29(4):219–227. Dewick HC, Hanley JR, Davies AD, Playfer J, Turnbull C. Perception and latex files, memory for faces in Parkinson’s disease. Neuropsychologia . 1991; 29(8):785–802. Sprengelmeyer R, Young AW, Mahn K, et al.

Facial expression recognition in people with medicated and unmedicated Parkinson’s disease. Client Service Manager Cover. Neuropsychologia . Client Service Manager. 2003;41(8):1047–1057. Suzuki A, Hoshino T, Shigemasu K, Kawamura M. Client Manager. Disgust-specific impairment of facial expression recognition in Parkinson’s disease. Brain . 2006;129(Pt 3):707–717. Gray HM, Tickle-Degnen L. How Do. A meta-analysis of performance on emotion recognition tasks in Parkinson’s disease. Neuropsychology . Manager Cover Letter. 2010;24(2):176–191. Bodden ME, Mollenhauer B, Trenkwalder C, et al. Affective and cognitive theory of mind in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord . 2010;16(7):466–470.

Freedman M, Stuss DT. Theory of mind in client service manager letter, Parkinson’s disease. Client Letter. J Neurol Sci . 2011;310(1–2):225–227. Alexander GE, DeLong MR, Strick PL. Essays Great. Parallel organization of functionally segregated circuits linking basal ganglia and manager, cortex. Annu Rev Neurosci . 1986;9(1):357–381. Monetta L, Grindrod CM, Pell MD. Irony comprehension and theory of client service manager mind deficits in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Cortex . Client Service Manager Letter. 2009;45(8):972–981. Monetta L, Pell MD.

Effects of verbal working memory deficits on metaphor comprehension in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Cover. Brain Lang . 2007;101(1):80–89. Holtgraves T, McNamara P. Pragmatic comprehension deficit in Parkinson’s disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol . Service Manager. 2010;32(4):388–397. Searle JR. Speech Acts : An Essay in the Philosophy of Language . London: Cambridge University Press; 1969. Lloyd AJ. Comprehension of prosody in Parkinson’s disease. Cortex . 1999;35(3):389–402.

Berg E, Bjornram C, Hartelius L, Laakso K, Johnels B. Engel Essays. High-level language difficulties in Parkinson’s disease. Clin Linguist Phon . 2003;17(1):63–80. Clark C, Moss PA, Goering S, et al. Collaboration as dialogue: teachers and researchers engaged in conversation and professional development. Cover. Am Educ Res J . 1996;33(1):193–231. Cummings JL. Intellectual impairment in Parkinson’s disease: clinical, pathologic, and biochemical correlates.

J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol . 1988;1(1):24–36. Illes J, Metter E, Hanson W, Iritani S. Language production in do my thesis, Parkinson’s disease: acoustic and linguistic considerations. Client Manager Cover Letter. Brain Lang . 1988;33(1):146–160. Small JA, Lyons K, Kemper S. Grammatical abilities in Parkinson’s disease: evidence from written sentences. Neuropsychologia . 1997; 35(12):1571–1576. Murray LL. Spoken language production in Huntington’s and Parkinson’s diseases. J Speech Lang Hear Res . 2000;43(6):1350–1366. Murray LL, Lenz LP. Essays Great. Productive syntax abilities in Huntington’s and Parkinson’s diseases.

Brain Cogn . 2001;46(1–2):213–219. Illes J. Client Cover Letter. Neurolinguistic features of spontaneous language production dissociate three forms of neurodegenerative disease: Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, and Parkinson’s. Client Manager Cover. Brain Lang . 1989;37(4):628–642. Hammen VL, Yorkston KM. Speech and pause characteristics following speech rate reduction in hypokinetic dysarthria. J Commun Disord . Cover Letter. 1996; 29(6):429–445. Henry JD, Crawford JR.

Verbal fluency deficits in Parkinson’s disease: a meta-analysis. J Int Neuropsychol Soc . 2004;10(04):608–622. Zanini S, Tavano A, Fabbro F. Spontaneous language production in bilingual Parkinson’s disease patients: evidence of greater phonological, morphological and syntactic impairments in native language. Brain Lang . 2010;113(2):84–89. Troche MS, Altmann LJ. Sentence production in Parkinson disease: effects of conceptual and task complexity. Appl Psycholinguist . 2012;33(02):225–251. Troche MS, Altmann LJ. Sentence production in manager cover letter, Parkinson disease: effects of client manager letter conceptual and task complexity. Appl Psycholinguist . 2011;33(2):225. Coleman MR, Davis MH, Rodd JM, et al.

Towards the files routine use of brain imaging to aid the clinical diagnosis of disorders of consciousness. Brain . 2009;132(Pt 9):2541–2552. Huber JE, Darling M. Effect of Parkinson’s disease on client letter the production of thesis paper structured and service, unstructured speaking tasks: respiratory physiologic and linguistic considerations. J Speech Lang Hear Res . 2011;54(1):33–46. Solomon NP, Hixon TJ. Latex Thesis Multiple Files. Speech breathing in Parkinson’s disease. J Speech Hear Res . 1993;36(2):294–310. Brotchie P, Iansek R, Horne MK. Motor function of the monkey globus pallidus.

1. Client Service Cover. Neuronal discharge and parameters of movement. Brain . 1991;114(Pt 4):1667–1683. Brotchie P, Iansek R, Horne MK. Latex Files. Motor function of the monkey globus pallidus. 2. Cognitive aspects of movement and phasic neuronal activity. Brain . 1991;114(Pt 4):1685–1702. Ho AK, Bradshaw JL, Iansek R, Alfredson R. Speech volume regulation in Parkinson’s disease: effects of client manager cover implicit cues and explicit instructions.

Neuropsychologia . 1999;37(13):1453–1460. Ho AK, Iansek R, Marigliani C, Bradshaw JL, Gates S. Speech impairment in a large sample of patients with Parkinson’s disease. Behav Neurol . 1999;11(3):131–137. Pitcairn TK, Clemie S, Gray JM, Pentland B. Thesis Paper. Non-verbal cues in service cover, the self-presentation of Parkinsonian patients. Do My Paper. Br J Clin Psychol . 1990; 29(Pt 2):177–184. Jaywant A, Pell MD.

Listener impressions of speakers with Parkinson’s disease. J Int Neuropsychol Soc . 2010;16(01):49–57. McNamara P, Durso R. Pragmatic communication skills in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Service Cover. Brain Lang . 2003;84(3):414–423. Prutting CA, Kittchner DM.

A clinical appraisal of the pragmatic aspects of how do you write essay language. J Speech Hear Disord . 1987;52(2):105–119. Hall D, Ouyang B, Lonnquist E, Newcombe J. Pragmatic communication is impaired in Parkinson disease. Client Service Manager Cover. Int J Neurosci . 2011;121(5):254–256. Halper AS, Cherney LR, Burns MS, Mogil SI.

RIC evaluation of communication problems in latex thesis multiple, right hemisphere dysfunction-revised (RICE-R). In: Halper AS, Cherney LR, Burns MS, editors. Clinical Management of Right Hemisphere Damage . Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen; 1996:99–132. Holtgraves T, Fogle K, Marsh L. Pragmatic language production deficits in Parkinson’s disease. Adv Parkinson’s Dis . 2013;2:31–36. Brown P, Levinson SC. Client. Politeness: Some Universals in Language Usage . How Do Essay. Vol. 4. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 1987. Hutchby I, Wooffitt R. Conversation Analysis . Cambridge: Polity; 2008.

Saldert C, Ferm U, Bloch S. Semantic trouble sources and their repair in conversations affected by Parkinson’s disease. Int J Lang Commun Disord . Manager Letter. 2014;49(6):710–721. Griffiths S, Barnes R, Britten N, Wilkinson R. Potential causes and consequences of overlap in talk between speakers with Parkinson’s disease and their familiar conversation partners. Semin Speech Lang . 2012;33(1):27–43. Griffiths S, Barnes R, Britten N, Wilkinson R. Investigating interactional competencies in Parkinson’s disease: the potential benefits of a conversation analytic approach. Int J Lang Commun Disord . 2011;46(5):497–509. Sacks H, Schegloff EA, Jefferson G. A simplest systematics for the organization of do my paper turn-taking for conversation. Language . 1974; 50(4):696–735. Levinson SC. Client Service Cover Letter. Pragmatics (Cambridge Textbooks in thesis multiple files, Linguistics) . Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 1983.

Seltzer B, Vasterling JJ, Mathias CW, Brennan A. Clinical and neuropsychological correlates of impaired awareness of deficits in Alzheimer disease and Parkinson disease: a comparative study. Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol . 2001;14(2):122–129. This work is published and licensed by Dove Medical Press Limited. The full terms of this license are available at https://www.dovepress.com/terms.php and incorporate the Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial (unported, v3.0) License. By accessing the work you hereby accept the client service cover Terms.

Non-commercial uses of the work are permitted without any further permission from Dove Medical Press Limited, provided the work is client service letter, properly attributed. For permission for commercial use of service letter this work, please see paragraphs 4.2 and 5 of thesis our Terms. Copyright 2017 • Dove Press Ltd • Website development by maffey.com • Web Design by Adhesion. The opinions expressed in service manager, all articles published here are those of the specific author(s), and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dove Medical Press Ltd or any of essays great its employees. Dove Medical Press is part of Taylor Francis Group, the Academic Publishing Division of Informa PLC. Copyright 2017 Informa PLC. All rights reserved. Manager Letter. This site is owned and operated by Informa PLC ( “Informa”) whose registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Latest. Registered in England and service letter, Wales. Number 3099067.

UK VAT Group: GB 365 4626 36.

Buy Essay Online -
Customer Service Manager Cover Letter | JobHero

Lean management case study series: Lean in Distribution: Go to Where the service manager, Action Is! Two years after its first kaizen workshop, Plumbers Supply Company has made significant progress toward a lean business conversion. Starting with daily management walkabouts and standard work, the multiple, 84-year-old, family-owned distributor has laid the groundwork for steady gains for years to manager letter, come. Keep learning with the how do a comparison, information at these links: Leadership QA with Jay Johnson, president Get the client letter, latest news subscribing to our free weekly newsletter » Jim Womack explains how to sustain lean gains by taking Gemba Walks » Learn at our workshops: For a distributor, when your company slogan is, Everything Under the Sun, you better be able to deliver.

But what does being able to deliver actually mean when it comes to measuring day-to-day performance? The answer to that question offers a glimpse into the lean journey of Plumbers Supply Company. Based in Louisville, KY., Plumbers Supply has 13 branches located in Kentucky and Indiana that stock parts and supplies for plumbing, fire protection and essays, HVAC contractors as well as industrial and institutional customers and facility managers. Several years ago, with an average line-item fill rate of over 95 percent, the company's fire protection department was achieving best-in-class performance, at least according to the standard industry benchmark. Unhappy customers, however, had a different opinion. That's because not having four or five out of every 100 items needed for a construction project could stop a job from even getting started. The issue came to the attention of Jay Johnson, the company's president, during the cover letter, daily management walkabout that he implemented two years ago at the very beginning of the company's lean initiative. Electronics Papers! I'd be in that department three days per week, and every day it was the same issue, Johnson recalls. For a month they tracked performance on the department's walkabout review (WAR) board, a visual management tool that the Louisville branch uses to monitor expectations, performance, and issues as they come up. Then we completely changed how we measure service performance at the department, branch and company levels to a 100% complete order fill rate…, and we were able to focus on improving performance for particular categories of product.

Changing to a more customer-oriented measure of order fulfillment is just one indicator of the progress that Plumbers Supply has made in a relatively short period of time. This Lean Enterprise Institute case study explores how lean can take root and transform the performance of a small (less than 250 employees), privately-held distribution business that bears very little resemblance to the automotive assembly line typically associated with lean management. The Building Is Paid For. The original structure at cover letter, the Plumbers Supply headquarters location in essays great, Louisville dates back to 1898. Client Service Letter! Expanded regularly over the years, today it's a warren of 31 rooms and storage zones with varying weight and height restrictions spread out across four levels—accessible by stairs and freight elevator—plus 11 additional storage locations outside in the yard. Client Manager Cover Letter! Here employees use shopping carts and flatbeds to pick orders for some 45,000 different stock-keeping units (SKUs), every kind of plumbing and HVAC product and service manager cover, part that you can imagine, including a selection of identical items that are either made in the U.S.A.—as preferred by some customers—or imported. Plumbers Supply at a Glance.

Headquarters: Louisville, KY 13 locations in Kentucky and Indiana Serves plumbing, fire protection, and HVAC contractors and industrial/institutional customers Employs 100 at HQ; 6-30 at each branch Family owned Plumbers Supply Company. After they've picked the orders, the company delivers some directly to job sites. Customers can also pick up their orders at a will-call drive through, or come into the service counter. As part of an attempt to electronics research papers, better forecast customer demand, a historical SKU study found that some 70 percent of the company's product demand is unpredictable. Add in some dramatic seasonal fluctuations, and nightly transfer shipments between locations, and you start to get a feel for client service manager the procurement and inventory management challenges at Plumbers Supply. Given the latest, physical constraints of the client service manager cover, facility and an uncompromising commitment to customer service, when it comes to making improvements the company has one major advantage over engel, larger, more corporate organizations: a strong, family-oriented culture with a flat hierarchy and accessible leaders. Client Cover! It employs roughly 100 people at its main location in multiple, Louisville, and 6-30 people at each of the branch locations. The company and its leaders have a reputation for treating both its customers and people with respect, and promoting from within. As one manager shared during our visit, When I was having trouble with an employee's performance, my boss asked me how I'd manage the situation if she was my aunt, for example, because that's how we treat people.

A Local Source of Inspiration. So why and manager cover letter, where would a family-owned distribution business begin its lean journey? Through a local business group, Jay Johnson became friends with Jim Lancaster, CEO and owner of Lantech. Headquartered in service manager, Louisville, Lantech manufactures and markets pallet stretch-wrapping equipment, which Jim Lancaster's father invented in the early 1970s. LEI's James Womack and Daniel Jones featured the company's early lean efforts in client service cover letter, a full chapter of their popular book, Lean Thinking (Free Press, 1996). The main issue in latex files, a lot of businesses is that management isn't connected to what's happening in the business every day. The place to start [with lean] in any business is where your problems are. Client Service Manager Cover! The main issue in how do essay, a lot of businesses is that management isn't connected to client service manager, what's happening in the business every day, said Lancaster when asked about how Plumbers Supply got started. What you're trying to do my paper, do is client manager letter, make changes in the business and convert people's thinking, and give them a successful experience. Walking the client manager cover, floor of Lantech with Jim Lancaster in 2009, Jay Johnson recalls being impressed by the workcells, material flow and client service, cleanliness, even though it bore little resemblance to client service manager letter, the workflow in client service cover letter, his distribution operation.

But as they walked from one area of the factory to the next, he was really struck by the way that Lancaster was working with the company's employees to address and solve problems on the spot. Latest Electronics! It wasn't a loose, management-by-wandering-around exercise. When I saw the decisions being made, says Johnson, and the fact that Jim had the rest of the afternoon to improve and work on strategic planning—all of the things that he couldn't spend as much time doing in the past because he was firefighting and getting bombarded at his desk with issues and problems—I knew the daily walk was the place to start. The WAR board in the pick/pack area at manager letter, Plumbers Supply. Before the you write, daily management walkabout, with 18 direct reports, Johnson wouldn't have a chance to talk to some people for weeks. Cover Letter! And a good chunk of every day was devoted to addressing all of the issues that popped up that day, he recalls. Latest Electronics Research Papers! Today, if something happens that needs management attention, everyone knows that the president and manager, his team will be there later that day or tomorrow, they will be able to see the issue for latex themselves firsthand, and address it. I've gone from having 10 to 20 gotta-minute meetings a day, to a one-and-a-half hour walkabout, with opportunities to see what's going on, to see the service cover, gaps, and provide coaching then and there, Johnson says.

Depending upon who's on site, the daily walkabout includes the president, operations manager and CFO visiting each functional area of the business. Latest Research! The walks were awkward in the beginning, Johnson reports, and client manager letter, it took some time to get the cadence down. People often used the opportunity to point the finger at engel, failures in other departments. Over time the client service cover, focus on process failures and you write a comparison essay, improving the process, and not what any one individual might have done wrong, has slowly changed the culture. Everyone is less worried about defending their turf, says Johnson, and is even excited about fixing what's wrong and improving the business.

It takes guts for a company leader to do this, and to be ok with making mistakes, Lancaster adds. It's not always where people think a CEO should be spending time. The daily walkabout spotlighted some of the opportunities and barriers for improving service quality, which has always been the number one goal of the lean initiatives at Plumbers Supply. These opportunities included multiple handoffs, excessive travel and handling, and service cover, poor coordination between departments. There are differences between mapping a rack and pinion gear facility versus a warehousing and electronics research papers, distribution business. They are obviously very different processes, Johnson adds. That's been a struggle [for us], how to value-stream map our business and our processes to manager, identify the waste. At the same time that they began the management walks the company introduced lean tools in an ongoing series of kaizen workshops designed to train leaders how to use the how do a comparison, lean tools effectively. For help they pulled in Mike Garland, currently an client service letter, independent lean consultant with 25 years experience using lean tools to transform large and small businesses. Garland is on-site roughly one week each month, coaching and leading workshops. For a distribution operation, or any business really, it's important to have an experienced advisor, or sensei as they are known in the lean world.

In addition to teaching the essays great, fundamental principles, they can help figure out solutions when you run into a wall, says Lancaster. It's like anything. It's all about depth and levels of knowledge and understanding, he adds. Garland's initial focus at Plumbers Supply was helping to service manager cover, implement standard work. This wasn't just about documenting optimal procedures or creating checklists, but incorporating visual cues within the work that indicates that it has been done, and done correctly.

The pick/pack standard work wall at Plumbers Supply showing how supervisors' work has been made more visual. For improvements to hold, explains Garland, there has to be a standard. When the standard is followed, the paper, work itself leaves a visual signal behind so support people (team leaders, supervisors, etc.) can see that the client service manager, work was done correctly. Thesis Paper! If it's not done correctly, they don't beat up the operator, they explore what occurred that caused the work to be done out of standard. Garland describes this virtuous cycle of manager cover, improvement and reinforcement as the Golden Triangle (see diagram below). At Plumbers the first area where they applied the concepts and tools was—logically enough—the main point of customer value creation: the order picking process. Essays Great! Here standard work has reduced the time it takes new employees to learn all of the storage locations and processes, and become real contributors to the organization, from six months to three weeks. Employee walking distance per day for packing and staging orders has been cut in half. As John Skees, Louisville's operation manager, states creating standard work should be done alongside the client service cover letter, employee you are trying to support and the focus should be on making their job easier. Latex Multiple Files! John says that Golden Triangle thinking allows managers to create a standard that can be built into letter, the work environment so it is easier to do the work correctly than to do it incorrectly. Latest! This provides a better quality service to our customers and client service manager letter, a better work environment for our employees, he adds.

The Golden Triangle: How Improvements are Maintained. Standard work without a means to support and maintain it will degrade into fluctuating workarounds. This diagram shows how standardized management and visual management should support standard work. Source: Mike Garland, Excellence in Lean, LLC. Leadership Skill Development.

The picking process at Plumbers Supply begins and ends at the workbench area. This order dispatch area is the letter, heart of the business in terms of fulfillment, and service manager cover letter, has been the subject of multiple kaizen workshops. One of the v vitale, process changes here, for example, re-prioritized the service manager letter, sequence of orders—which were being cherry picked at random—to being organized by customer priority and picking efficiency. People pick better and faster now, says Shaina Smith, warehouse manager. Before, 10 to 20 errors in essays great, a day were normal. Now, 5 to 6 picking errors is a bad day. In addition to the major process changes and client cover letter, making everything visual, including the you write a comparison essay, work of supervisors, Smith stresses that making improvements is just as much about the small things as the grand design.

The key is to do something, make some improvement, every day, she says. The cart staging area in service cover letter, Receiving where the replenishment and fulfillment process begins. Making such incremental progress—as other companies on their lean journeys have discovered—depends in large part on how supervisors manage the people who report to them. At Plumbers Supply, that has meant a renewed understanding that the primary job of leaders, especially on the floor, is to make everyone's job easier and safer. When something goes wrong, as Johnson puts it, they try to conduct autopsies without blame. Walking the how do you write, floor daily gives him a better understanding of how the supervisors manage the people who report to them. Lean gives us the vocabulary for how we should react to manager letter, problems, he says. Now I can see if managers are adequately supporting people and the work they need to do. Building on papers, the management walkabout, the lean game plan at Plumbers Supply started with performance reporting on the WAR boards and standard work, which was soon followed by client manager cover letter 5S practices, problem-solving methods, team leader/supervisor training, and basic pull techniques. Latest Research! Kaizen workshops using these tools have tackled both the warehouse and administrative areas, such as accounting.

Here, Melanie Leasher the controller at the time, first applied 5S to her office to set an example. I had cabinets in there from the previous controller that I'd never even looked in, she recalls. Leasher then helped the people in her department apply 5S to their work areas. Such changes can be threatening, because it generally messes with how everyone does their work, and the visual cues—like dedicated locations for everyone's stapler—can seem pointless. But the benefit, in this case, became immediately obvious when they had to locate an important document at the desk of an employee who was out on vacation. Letter! Because of the 5S work, it was easy to see each stage of the work. And finding the document only engel essays took a minute. Next, Leasher went to client service cover, work applying 5S to the supply room, which hadn't had a good cleanout in decades. Supply Closet Before 5S. Supply Closet After 5S. Concurrent with the lean-related activities, Leasher and Jay Wilson, the essays great, company's CFO, implemented a series of process changes and improvements to the company's accounting and finance department that, over time, eliminated much of the need for a full-time controller.

As a result, this past July her old position was eliminated and client service manager, she was promoted to Director of Continuous Improvement. In year two of our lean effort the latex files, struggle has been having the resources and client manager cover, talent after kaizens are done to essays great, do some of the follow-up work, and having the structure to maintain and continue the improvements that we've put in place, Johnson explains. With the limited resources of a small company, the manager cover, strain on managers for making improvements, maintaining the gains, and keeping up with all of their other responsibilities, was slowing implementation. We were still getting things done but the a comparison essay, speed was just not at the level that I'd like to see. Leasher now works fulltime planning and supporting execution of kaizen workshops, with a particular focus on developing more line leaders who can use the lean tools to service cover letter, make their jobs easier. This will, the thinking goes, allow them more time to make daily improvements as a normal part of their job. She will also make sure all of the follow-up work is completed and support the client service manager letter, company's 12 other branches as lean is more fully introduced in those locations(see the client service manager, Rollout Plan, below). Latest Electronics Papers! This process, management expects, should free up even more resources that can be dedicated to supporting the transformation process across the company. Plumbers Supply Rollout Plan.

So far Plumbers Supply hasn't tried to tie the service cover, results of its lean efforts to any specific financial metrics. Such is the essays great, luxury of a private, family-owned business. Still, margin percentages are up because of a combination of client service, lean cost savings and more consistent pricing. Leadership knowledge and essays great, development have also benefitted from the initiative. On the operations side, productivity has increased over service manager cover letter, 20% as revenues have grown. With the switch from a line item to the more customer-oriented 100% complete order fill rate metric, the electronics research papers, company now has an actionable standard to drive further service quality improvement. Dead inventory has also been cleared out. It's obvious from the significant progress achieved in a relatively short period of time, and the push into letter, the branch locations this year, that Plumbers Supply is in it for the long haul and the gains will continue to add up. As Johnson says on a regular basis, If you can improve at a faster rate than your competition, they become irrelevant over engel essays, time. Derek Browning; Robert Martichenko.

Dave Graham; Luis Quinones. Robert Martichenko and client service manager, Kevin von Grabe. This section of how do you write essay, our website has not yet been optimized for client mobile devices. For the best user experience, we recommend performing this transaction on a laptop or desktop computer. If this is not a mobile device, please accept our apologies for alarming you unnecessarily.

Lean Enterprise Institute, the leaper image, and service cover letter, stick figure are registered trademarks of Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc.

inserted by FC2 system